Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm in my office at work...my tongue is out I'm making a phhzzt noise and doing a happy dance. Why? Cause I was right!

Sure, it happens now and then.

When I got my new business cards in December I checked the translation against my old card and it didn't match. It didn't even come close. I was confused and mentioned it. Asked who had done the translation and all that but basically got blank looks and whatevers. Today an email arrived from one of the other staffers who got cards in December. Her card was on a desk in Yellowknife and someone read it. Asked why her business card said Jennifer and a different last name. LOL. I checked and sure enough my name is one her card.

So I have been proven correct.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

It seems like it should have been a simple thing for them to know the business card was translated incorrectly and to have accepted your word for it. Now they face a much more embarrassing situation. Why must it be so hard for some people to accept they are wrong?

I hope you have a much more enjoyable weekend this weekend!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know you are right - especially when you had pointed it out previously. At that time someone should have checked!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It was a short work week for you so I hope you get to enjoy the weekend in better health.

Take care ... Lori B.