Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some quick things for tonight...

I think it is great that a woman Inuk from Nunavut was named federal health minister. Yeah Leona! She is a wonderful person and I hope she gets the support she needs to get the job done in Ottawa.

The Nunavut election took place earlier in the week and while I was disappointed with some of the results I can't say I was surprised either. Next step is the appointing of ministers and the premier. According to one source the secret ballots have already started but I can't find anything to confirm that. Time will tell.

My new job title is Personnel Manager. I will get to do all the HR stuff, including create an HR Manual. If you have one or parts of one you'd like to share...please feel free to mail it to me northofnain@hotmail.com

The moving company arrived and apparently I own just under 3,000 lbs of 'stuff'. Hmmm. Try as I might I just can't get my 'stuff' boxes, you know the misc kind of things down to less than two small boxes. Things like extra cords, odd things I have collected on my travels, papers that I don't need but certainly want to keep. You know, that kind of stuff. The packing is 80% complete. I could have finished it today...but you know...I am trying to enjoy the rest of my time off before I head back to the office. So a balance between packing and watching movies is in order.

I am anxious to get started with my new life in Edmonton.

I went to the Calgary Tower today and took some photos. I'll download them in the am when I can see...lamps have all been packed! Then spent a lovely evening having supper and just hanging out at the mall with my bfa. I'll miss her. Sure, Edmonton is only 3 hours away, but it is hard to do Friday after work drinks with a 3 hour commute.

Anyone looking for a great apartment in Calgary??? I know of one coming up for rent soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I'm not sure why you feel you should purge your "stuff" that has such meaning to you. Until it loses that meaning you should continue to have it. We all have that "stuff" and it is a part of who we are.

I was checking Jackie's blog re the election in Nunavut. You would have a keen interest in those results.

I like the ring of "Personnel Manager". Congrats!

Edith