Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm hopped up on sugar and cream so if portions of this post don't make sense..that is why.

I have just returned from a cooking class. One of the wonderful couples I met in India (who happen to live here in Calgary) mentioned in early September that they were going to this class and would I like to join them. I would indeed. We had shared many a dessert in India and they knew I'd like the menu.

So tonight we learned how to make:
Creme Brulee
Pumpkin Flan with Pumpkin Seed brittle
Creme Caramel
Panna Cotta

YUMMY!

It wasn't a hands on class where we do the actual cooking. We watched the cook at the front on one of those great mirrors and partially on tv. It was a very interesting class and I learned that I just might be smart enough to make these at home. In fact, we are supposed to get a small torch for the brulee....they didn't have them tonight but I should be able to pick it up in the am.

A good time was had by all. But I gotta say by the time you are on sample 4....the sugar overload takes hold. We crashed and flew during the class and no doubt I'll crash big time shortly.

I've always wanted to do a cooking class at the Superstore...so this may inspire me to take a couple more when I hit Edmonton. No doubt someone in Edmonton offers them.

I think I'd like to do a Japanese class next or maybe Italian.

Anyway...that was my fun today. I'm now having a nice cup of honey bush tea (which doesn't actually have honey in it) to help settle my sugar filled tummy before I head to bed.

The packing is coming along great. I basically have the kitchen and all my photos left to do and then I'm done...except for having to take apart my new Ikea shelf. Damn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I didn't see any chocolate in that dessert list. Is a sugar high possible without chocolate???

Glad to hear your packing is in order and your stress level there will be way down. Great news.

Edith