Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reporting to you from Edmonton...
Ok, I'm not reporting but I am in Edmonton. I drove up yesterday and spent most of my day in a quasi interview. It started with lunch and ended at 5pm. I'm not sure how it went so don't even bother asking. And I don't know when I will be finding out about it..and I won't be telling what company...don't want to jinx it. Oh, and I had an interview on Monday as well with a well known coffee company. Not to serve it...HR stuff. Not sure how that one went either...I was sleep deprived.

Worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights this past weekend. Got to hear the Feist concert and Neil Young. The concert Sunday night didn't end until after 11pm which meant I got home after 1am and by the time I got to sleep it was well after 2. Then up at 6:30am to get ready for the interview at 8:30am. Ugh. Note to self, check work schedule next time before agreeing to an early interview.

So here I am in Edmonton with the fish. I didn't ask for a fish sitter before I left so decided the safest thing to do was take them with me. I know it seems like an odd thing to do...but I did it. And they seem to be enjoying the change of scenery.
I'm hoping to get back to THE mall tomorrow to bum around, do some window shopping and maybe drive around a bit and then head back to Calgary.

Just another day in the life of me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been to that mall...imagine!

Have fun!

Jan from the Island.

Anonymous said...

Talk about busy and hardly any sleep! Ouch! Good luck towards both interviews!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

A road trip to Edmonton with the fish - I hope you didn't take them to a pet store at the Edmonton Mall.

A job interview in Edmonton - too long a commute to work from Calgary - I see a move in the future if you get that one.

It is good that you are having job interviews - very promising. I know the right one will come along.

Quite a flurry of working nights there. You are lucky you woke up at all for that job interview. You do get all the fun.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, nothing surprises me any more !!! I smiled and chuckled out loud when I read your post. Don't forget only tap water for the fishies!! I hope one of the job interviews is successful, if it's something you'd enjoy. I'm assuming the long (all afternoon) interview would be the better one as it sounds like it was very casual. The concerts must be nice to hear, however, I couldn't do Sunday nights and then work in the morning. Hope THE mall treats you well and you find a few things to take back to Calgary, your current home, but maybe not for long!! Might be another large move soon??

Can't wait to hear the outcome ... Lori B.