Thursday, October 9, 2008

Taken in Iqaluit shortly before I left the North. The boys and I did a photo shoot for the Annual Report. There are some great photos of them in it and a bunch of pics of all the communities we visited. I can't wait to get my good copy in the mail. BTW, it is hard to see, but I am wearing a pair of leopard print sandals. I climbed over rocks and down gravel slopes that day in those shoes. If you are going to do a photo shoot it is important to have good shoes!


I'm a rock star!! Well, not really but I do have a wonderful cult following. You...my wonderful readers.

Thanks for all the kind words today.

I had dreams of hosting my own radio call in show at one point in life. I decided after hearing my voice on radio that it would never happen, but the idea of it and the blog are the same. I get to ramble on about my life and people tune in. Writing my blog is like having my own tv show. I write the scripts, I film it and I star in it. What could be better. LOL.

I can't remember if I mentioned that I am having lunch with the Flames next week. They do a staff/player lunch every year and only a select few get to attend. That is because there are over 1400 pt staff and not that many players (or space to have a sit down lunch!) It is catered at one of the lounges in the Saddledome. Because there are over 1400 pt staff, and I think close to 100 full time staff they draw names. And I was chosen. YEAH! From what I understand they put one player at each table and about 10-12 staff. So the only folks who will likely get to talk to the player is the one next to them. But I don't care. It should be fun. I'm taking my camera...you never know...and if nothing else it should be a good meal.

I work Saturday night. It is the first home game of the regular season. Should be fun! But before that even more fun. I am going out for supper tomorrow night (Friday) with 3 people I have known since grade 9. One I have been in touch with almost daily since then. The other two we lost touch at certain points but thanks to facebook and location am in touch with again. It should be a fun night of...remember when.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

And we want to see a picture on the blog of you and your Flames player that you sat at the table with!!

Considering the high numbers of staff you were indeed a lucky girl to have your name drawn for the dinner.

Having dinner with old friends will be a great time. So important to stay in touch. Who knows, a friend of a friend or something could turn out to be a job for you.

I loved the picture of you on the rocks. Great picture of you as well as the scenery.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic!

You lucky lucky duck.

Jan from the Island.

Anonymous said...

Great photo of you Jennifer - love the shoes, do they have heels like one would think? Actually I hope not if you were climbing around on rocks! Can't wait to hear about your Flames luncheon - hope to see a picture or two as well!

Always wonderful to touch base and catch up with old friends - I hope your supper on Friday was fun.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
love the photo too, and the shoes, but only cause I get to see your toes. What? Nothin wrong with liking a girls toes is there?
Take care girl.

Dave S