Saturday, October 4, 2008

I mentioned the other day that I bought new fish. I named them today. Allow me to introduce Gary. He's red all over and tiny. I expect he will grow over the next couple months under my tender loving care. The other fish is a teal blue and I have decided to name him Cal. The name(s) came to my on my way home from the grocery store. I was trying to come up with an Inuktitut name for each of them but couldn't think of anything that I thought fit the situation. So Cal and Gary it is. ;)

I got a library card yesterday. Yep. I'm special. For the low cost of $12 a year one is eligible for a library card. I need to investigate and see if they have a program for low income families or a program where you can buy a card for an under-privilaged child. I think that would be a wonderful idea....since it isn't free. The library downtown was nice and has all kinds of computers to use. I was there to take advantage of the computers as mine has been acting up lately and I can't seem to write a resume in under 10 minutes.

I have sent the resume out to a few friends and am hopeful they will get back to me with some useful suggestions. One has already gotten back to me with many useful hints and suggestions that I need to fix. Her comments were great and I appreciate the feedback.

And I have finally solved my computer problems. I have ordered myself a Dell online. I choose a payment plan (lets face it, a girl who is unemployed should not be ordering computers...but...I NEED it.) and the laptop should be arriving in a couple of weeks. It's yellow and looks quite cheery. My parent's still have the first Dell that I bought and it still works quite well so I'm hopeful the new laptop will be just as great.

I'm not sure why this computer has decided to die. I have treated it well over the years but you know its a machine not a thing with personality. Ah well. The only difficult part will be the transfering of the files. If anyone knows an easy (and cheap) way to do it please let me know. I don't want to lose any of my photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, a new Dell! Mine had 4 gb of memory, it is wonderfully fast. If you open up a yahoo e mail account, if you have a high speed connection, I think there is unlimited storage on their accounts, (it is in the US, not sure about Yahoo Canada), you could transfer them to there and then re-load them onto the new computer. Or, what about one of those 20-30 us $ programs, Dell has it, I think it is called Ditto? It comes with a transfer cable, it will transfer everything from the old machine to the new machine, or borrow someone's external hard drive, then it really would! be a cinch to transfer everything! Keep us posted!

Binky said...

Wow- You have to PAY for a library card?????

Good choice on the new machine- you deserve it!

B

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You are a wonder. A new Dell laptop will be a beauty!

You will enjoy it!

Edith