Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm sure it will come as no surprise to anyone but I'm moving again. Yeah...
I was offered and have accepted a position in Edmonton. It will be a great fit for me. A little bit of travel...to Cambridge Bay (Nunavut) and a bit in Western Canada. The salary is where I had wanted to be...what I thought my southern worth was. They are going to put me up till I find an apartment and they will pay for my stuff to be brought up from Calgary. Oh yeah, and it seems like it will be fun and challenging. The company has their Admin office in Edmonton and I will be joining the family the beginning of November.

I'm super excited about the position and while it means a new community and starting over again...well...I'm sure I can handle it. Now I need to get some sleep...tomorrow is a big day...lots of stuff to do before I start packing!

Oh, I almost forgot. I have been asked for a copy of some of my Northern pics. A couple of the Hamlets that I visited are having trade show booths made and my photos may end up on them...how cool is that? I am shipping off a cd with the pics tomorrow to the designer and will know in a couple of weeks if they will want some of them. It's been a heck of a week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Congratulations!!! I am so pleased for you. I hope Gary and Cal will like their new city and home.

I feel bad that you have to leave your lovely little apartment that you so carefully decorated and all. We'll just have to hope that one just as nice is waiting for you in Edmonton.

Whoops, there goes the Sadledome job! Darn, you were getting some great perks there. Oh well, it was just another great experience for you.

I hate to sound like a broken record - but I believe I have been telling you that your pictures were award winners and that you had a gift with photography!!!! I'm thrilled that your work is being recognized and I just know they will love your disk of pictures.

Pack your belongs with joy, sing a song of happiness as you work, and thank God on your knees that your prayers have been answered for a new job that you'll like, pays what you want and allows you to travel which you enjoy.

By the way, you haven't told us where you will be working. If it is a secret, we respect that.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Congratulation on the new job, you must of had a great interview, was it the long interview?? We need more details now - such curious readers you have !! When you get a chance we'd love to know who the job is with, what it is, etc., etc.

Another move, well at least Gary and Cal know about Edmonton, so it's not brand new to them. Good luck with the apartment hunting, moving, etc. Wonderful that the company will pay for the move as well. You hardly had time to get settled in Calgary - must of been a reason for that.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew you would do it. Too bad you have to move but I feel certain you will find an apartment just as nice as the one you just chose in Calgary.
Good luck with the move and new job, we will continue to read of your 'adventures'.
Auntie F

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I knew you would do it, look out Edmonton!:)