Sunday, October 5, 2008

Do you ever have the need to tease your hair up real high, wear a plaid shirt and a giant belt buckle? If so, have I got the event for you...the RODEO!! And it helps if you wear the ten gallon hat, cowboy boots and wrangler jeans.

I have been waiting to see a rodeo since my arrival in Alberta and Sunday I finally got to have the experience. I had a great time...it was every bit as fun and exciting as I remembered it. And considering I haven't been to one in about 20 years I think that is pretty impressive.

Most of the 372 photos I took are blurry. The camera and I are still working out our issues. I did use the mega lense today which was a good call cause I could get some amazing close ups...but they are blurry close ups.

When you look at the pics try to imagine the smell of dirt, sweat, animals, manure, popcorn, hotdogs and anticipation...it will make the experience really come to life for you.








More photos when the computer decides to behave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Well we won't be seeing you on PEI when the Calgary Stampede is on. Sounds like you had a blast and re-lived some old memories of fun times gone by.

Hope the fish are settling in.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Glad to see and hear that you've been enjoying your days! Cowboys, sunshine, zoo, oh - did I mention cowboys! Nice to see you've added to the family with Gary and Cal. Hope they have a nice sunny prominent spot in your apartment.

Enjoy your free days ... Lori B.