Monday, October 27, 2008

The packing has begun. I picked up some boxes on the weekend and packed up my beautiful shelf. I was having a moment of clever and I marked the squares and the boxes so when I unpack I can just place it on the shelves...no need to make decisions on where to put things. Now, someone may just need to remind me in a month why I have boxes marked 3C and 4B.

One of the moving companies is stopping by tomorrow afternoon to look over my stuff and give a better estimate. I am frantically (ok, maybe not frantic yet) packing things as I realize my time before I leave is getting short even if my belongings are not coming for awhile. On my mental list of things to do is laundry. I figured today, Monday, would be a great day for that...but apparently no one in my building is working today. I managed to get there first, but two people have since showed up so I may need to formulate a plan b.

Another round of purging is going on. I have decided I have way too many Christmas decorations. I have a multitude of Christmas moods and the decor to go with each mood. Now I know my Aunt F would say I don't have enough decorations for the festive season. Her home is decked out every year from top to bottom in wonderful trees and other festive trimmings, but...I think I need to cut down on some of my personalities. I have the 'retro' decorations, my traditional green and reds, my black and silver modern look, the 'craft' creations and a ton of other bits and pieces collected during my travels.

I went on a ghost walk last night. I've seen this type of event offered in a number of cities but have never stepped up to the plate. I got invited along with a group last night and decided to take a chance. Our tour guide did a great job and all 23 of us had a super time. Basically someone does a lot of research into the area and based on sightings and mysterious events they create a tour. We stopped at various locations in Southern Calgary (a ten block radius including Fort Calgary) and heard tales of murder and death and how the people involved may still haunt the sites. We didn't see any ghosts or spirits, but you never know when you might. I took a couple of pics that I think are ghostly looking...if that counts.







Guess I should stop blogging and get back to packing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I didn't get scared looking at the pictures. But I really liked the one of that lovely house.

You should be able to give a course on packing by now. But I'm sure you are getting pretty sick of it! Let's hope this is the last move for a while.

Take care - you'll get there. Just pace yourself.

Edith

Anonymous said...

You are so right, I for one, would certainly say "you can never have too much Christmas"!!! Decorating will start here on the last weekend of November. However, I must say I am also not trying to move with all mine, thank goodness. Good luck with the packing and the forthcoming move.
Auntie F

Anonymous said...

Actually, the 3rd pic of the house scared me!