Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My cats are so weird.

I really wanted to end the noe there but figured that was cruel. Hudson likes to 'cover' the empty food dish. The two little munchkins get a small (very small) amount of moist food a day and without fail everytime after the dish is empty she covers it up. She will pull some sort of imarinary cover over it. She paws the floor on all sides of the dish as if putting a layer of soil over it. I have googled this behaviour because I had never seen it before and apparently it is  normal cat behaviour--for some. Some will do it when it is something
they don't like to eat but the covering up the empty dish is a bit odd. Ah well. I still love her.

They sleep--a lot. I know cats like to sleep but I guess being at home during the day the past few days has shown me just how much. They are active for an hourish and then they nap for a few hours then paly for a few minutes and then nap again. I guess ripping and tearing around the house can really wear a girl down.

They are vocal rarely....and generally only when food is involved. When they know the food is coming the meow constantly until it is set in front of them and there is never a thank you meow. LOL.They purr a lot though which is great and must mean that they are happy and content. I would like them to learn how to knead...but maybe not until they have better control of their claws.

********

Work. So I am off all week from my day job but am headed to the movies every night from tonight on until just before I return to work. It's ok...not spoiling any plans and gives me some post-Christmas money which really, don't most of us want that? So...tonight...for those of you on PEI you know the weather was a bit stormish. Power flickers and small outages all day, lots of wind, lots of snow and lots of people still out on the road. Yep, we had a ton of folks show up for a movie. I don't get it. The last thing I want to do on a storm night is head out for a show. Must be just me. So fine,  you want to go out and see a show--dress for it. I saw people walking in the door wearing sneakers, no hats, no mittens, no scarves and for a lot of people no winter coats--jogging tops and hoodies. OM Goodness...people, snow means winter weather conditions and what would you do if you got stuck in the snow? Sigh.

Having a couple gal pals for brunch tomorrow. Looking forward to catching up with them....just hope the menu works out and the weather holds.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

That's funny about your cats, mine 'covers' his food bowl every now & then, and I have heard that is normal behavior, covering it up in case predators pass by, find the food & eat it, if they are in the wild. Have fun @ brunch tomorrow! It snowed one day @ the beach, a lifetime experience to see, but did not stick, but was nice to see it beginning 20 miles inland on the return home yesterday morning. Almost time for a New Year! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jennifer,

Hope the holidays were great, lots of family, friends, food and fun! We had great fun, lots of food and people around, didn't bother with a computer the last few days, too much going on!!

Your cats do seem to have quite the little personalities, very much individuals aren't they? Do they leave the stuff on the top shelf alone now and has Hudson (I think) stopped checking out the fish? Hope so, wouldn't want him to watch to much and figure out how to bring down the tank!!

Some people always want to be away from home when there is a storm, the thrill seekers, in case something happens they want to be there I think. I'd rather be home now; however, in years past, pre kids, marriage and all that, I'd rather of been away from home as well, not usually a movie, it would have been somewhere a little more social, like GJ's or Tradewinds!!

Happy New Year ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: it always amazes me how people dress for the weather. Sneakers in deep snow does not cut it for me. My mother must have taught me well. I also do not like to be cold so I'd be dressking warm for the weather and not under dressed. It takes all kinds though.

I hope you enjoy your New Year's Day and that the children behave (the 4 leg children).

Most interesting the food dish covering thing. Not Bucky. He just likes to be sure he gets food in there. My cat is a talked I guess. He always speaks when I let him in from outside. He certainly talks when he wants me to get up through the night to give him food.

Monday night he insisted on going outside at 12:30 a.m. He would not take "no" for an answer. He walked over me in bed, he meowed in the hall, he meowed by the bed. I gave up and gave in. I let him outside and fell asleep for a half hour, got up and he was ready to come back in and never budged again until 8:00 a.m.

Be thankful you cats are indoor kittens and do not insist on going for a midnight romp.

Edith