Thursday, December 16, 2010

Is it just me or have the past ten days or so flown by? Can you believe we are less than ten days to Christmas? I can't. My tree is up but not finished, the presents are bought but not wrapped and I haven't started my letter to Santa or my Christmas baking. I haven't done Christmas baking in a long, long time and it might not happen again this year. Too bad cause I want to use my snowflake and mitten shaped cookie cutters.

I almost put out an adoption ad this morning.

"To give away to any home two kittens. Able to leap tall heights in a single bound and unroll toilet paper in mere seconds. Can meow in unison for long periods of time and are able to be underfoot every second of the day."

I love 'em....but....lol.
Last night they were doing laps around the house. Jumping from one piece of furniture to the next and not stopping for a good hour. This morning they meowed and were underfoot in the kitchen the whole time I was trying to make my breakfast and when I arrived home last night they had de-papered the toilet paper. It was a wonderful sight. Sigh. It is my punishment for not spending a lot of time with them lately. If only they understood English so I could explain the situation to them.

But when they quiet down and lay on the couch watching me I sigh and am grateful to have their company. I just hope that when I arrive home tonight some of the ornaments I so very carefully placed on the tree last night are still there.

4 comments:

Jack said...

Sounds as though the girls are definitely in the Christmas spirit, lol. I hope you have 'unbreakable' ornaments on your tree. It will be OK, just think in the long run, in a few years when they have grown some, you will be able to take pics of them sleeping quietly under the tree! But if you seriously want to adopt them out, I will be glad to take them, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Once Dec 10 hits, the next 15 days just fly by!! Sounds like the kitties are impatiently awaiting Santa's arrival, maybe they want to add to your letter to Santa too!

I hope when you get home your tree is still standing and the ornaments are OK, you might have to keep the babies in the bathroom when you are at work if they don't behave.

I usually like a white xmas; however, after seeing how Ontario was hit, I'll take the wind and rain, along with these lovely mild temperatures.

I've done a bit of baking, but have purchased square assortments from a co-worker's friend the last 3 years. It certainly helps with the baking. I still do my scotch cookies, cakes and fudge. Some things have to be done in my own kitchen.

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I loved the blog entry! Oh how the cats can change from angels to devils in the blink of an eye! And just when they were at their worst moment they can get cuddled up to you and purr their hearts out and you just love then again.

Bucky likes to lie on the tree skirt under the tree but I have placed my assortment of Old fashion santas around the base of the tree and he just squeezes himself through them to get inside. And my efforts to put the round breakable bells hign on the tree did not work when he got up on the windowsill behind the tree and discovered he could reach some from back there.

The other morning I forgot to check closely before letting him back in the house from a romp outside and he rewarded me with a nice plump mouse - thankfully it was dead! He kept going around the kitchen smelling - trying to find it after I swept it on a dust pan and threw it outside. The ups and downs of cat motherhood!

The days between now and Christmas are numbered and passing swiftly. I disagree with Lori - after December 1 passes the month goes in a blur - not after Dec. 10. But just do what you can do without tiring yourself out and enjoy the days before the holidays.

Edith

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Our two evil cats love the Christmas stuff. They are part of the reason our tree isn't up yet- the boys are the other part! I have visions of boys and cats swinging from the top branches!