Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Don't forget--only 2 more shopping days until my birthday!
I'm headed out for supper tonight with friends and co-workers, lunch on Friday with a good friend and a family party on Sunday. Yeah!!

I'm watching one of the cats clean her toes. They always look so cute when they do that. Toes spread a look of fierce concentration as they focus on the job at hand. I love it.

On September 7th I woke up to find no diet pepsi in the apartment. So I took it as a sign and quit. It has been 3 months since I have had a diet cola. Have I given it up for good? Likely not. It was my drink of choice when I was having a stressful day. It is an easy thing to pick up and drink when on the go. I miss it. I haven't seen any health changes since I quit...I dunno.

The gig at the movie theatre is going well. I've been 'promoted' to box office. I still haven't finished my 6 week probation period and already a promotion. The kids at work who have worked there for a while are surprised and happy at how quickly I am catching on. LOL. The group that started the same time I did are envious and in awe that I've done box office a couple times. I think it is all very amusing. It isn't difficult work you just need to keep your head on when it gets busy and keep busy when there are no crowds. The shifts lately have been great, Saturday day and one evening a week where I am finished long before 10pm. I'm old you know...I need my sleep.

Can you believe that Christmas is just around the corner? I am no where close to having my shopping done and I haven't even figured out how I am going to wrap with two fuzzy babies in the house who will be amused and excited by the crackle of paper and sticky tape. I decorated one of my two offices yesterday. It looks good. Totally different from what I did last year. I can't find the snowflakes I had hanging from the ceiling. I guess somwhere in the two moves that happened since last December I lost them or decided at some point it wasn't going to be worth my time and effort to untangle all the strings in order to reuse them. 

Here on the home front I have managed to get a set of lights up around the window will minimal input from the cats and I have decorated the large shelves without their help and acknowledgement. I will not move forward with a tree until the weekend of the 18th. I know it will be an attraction for the kittens and the less time for it to tip over and for them to break all the ornaments the better. LOL. I would love to put it up now but really with no snow on the ground I am finding it hard to get into the Christmas frame of mind.

Interesting but useless fact. I haven't been on an airplane in 6 months. This is the longest I have gone in 5 years without soaring above the ground.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Snowflakes to hang from the ceiling can be found at the dollar store. Lori might confirm which dollar store but the ones in her work area are lovely. They also bought candy canes and made very interesting arrangements with them,i.e., spell joy using candy canes for the "J" and the "y" and a snow flake for the "O".

What is so amazing that you are in the box office already? They have top notch material they are working with here. You didn't work in HR all these years not to be good with people.

So happy "early" birthday greetings to you.

Your kittens and the Christmas tree will be interesting. I had to take anything that was round and move it high enough on the tree that Bucky, the cat, couldn't stand on his hine legs and reach. Since I did that he doesn't seem to care much about ornaments. He just likes to lay under the tree on the tree skirt. So good luck with your babies and the tree.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

We had no power here at work for an hour or more this morning, had hoped it would be longer to get the day off and get some much needed things done at home, but, it came back on - darn!! Sounds like the cats might be having a ball this xmas when you get your tree up, with 2 of them they can tag team and really have fun with your decorations!!

Glad to hear the theatre job is going well and great to get a promotion while still on probation, speaks highly of your talents.

Christmas is coming quickly, I don't panic until the 10th, once we hit the "double" digits of December I seem to go into overdrive, try not to, but can't seem to help myself. I need to take stock of what I have done so far so I don't go overboard with the presents, ha ha is what my hubby would say, even when I think I'm done, I keep shopping. What's a girl to do!!

Cheers ... Lori B.

Jack said...

Happy early birthday! Bet the girls will have loads of fun when you put up your tree. Seems as though you are moving up quick in the theater business! But you are running circles around the 'youngsters' there. More cat pics I hope soon!