Friday, December 17, 2010

I don't normally blog in the middle of the day--cause I'm at work, but today I am. It is almost the end of the day and I'm a bit tired and feeling the down side of the sugar buzz I was on earlier. Ah, sugar.

We had a pot luck at the V office and it was good. We had cheese and dessert. And really not much else. That isn't entirely true. There was an ugly sweater contest--I didn't have one. A work station decorating contest--I decorated my other office so didn't here and the a prize for best dessert and best main dish. The theme was Christmas. It is always easy to find festive desserts and that is what the majority of the table was--dessert. YUMMY.

With little other food around the sugar in my belly took effect and now I'm on the down side of the buzz and feeling tired and lethargic...which is really the same thing as tired. On the plus side I won the dessert competition. I made an igloo. It is chocolate mouse inside and covered with cool whip and marshmallows. Super easy to make and fun to decorate. I put one of my carved polar bears in the dish for looks. We also did a Secret Santa gift exchange and I ended up with a nice sized black and white mug. Oddly enough I've been looking at mugs lately but never actually bought one. Thanks Santa. The most popular items to go around were a couple bottles of wine and a gift card for the liquor store. It was a great event.

I am heading out tonight to the Delta. They are hosting their annual Thank You holiday party and the proceeds are for Habitat--as one of the BOD members I received an invite. I invited one of our new staff to go with me. She is her on her own, family is in BC and she is working day and night, night and day. I know she needs a break and while I almost had to pull out the big guns and tell her I was forcing her a bit of coaxing and she agreed. I said we would only go for a short time. I'm actually pretty tired this week and don't plan to stay long myself.

Work schedule for the theatre came out a couple days ago and it is looking pretty good for the holidays. I have lots of time off for the 25th and work New Years--which is exactly what I wanted. Just enough shifts over the holidays to keep me out of trouble and pay off my xmas purchases.

I best be off. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Christmas and sugar - don't they go together? You can't have one without the other. You would think we starve the rest of the year with all the eating we do at this time of year.

Movie theatre girl will enjoy the shift on New Year's Day. I bet lots of people do a movie on that date.

Rest up for the last week to work before Christmas.

Edith