Sunday, December 19, 2010

It looks like a great day is forming outside my windows. The sun is making a long slow rise over the horizon, the sky changing from dark ink to pale blue, streaks of yellow, orange and pink connecting it.

The kittens are playing with each other. I love how they can play fight with each other. The decision to get two was well made. They do indeed keep one another company---when I'm away and home. They are only getting one small present each from Santa. They are nice and they are naughty but I think they get enough treats and toys from me that they don't need anymore.

The tree is up and decorated and is withstanding the kittens. I limited the number of ornaments on the bottom third that would have been within easy reach of little paws. I also limited the number of decorations in the house...keeping it simple. This time next year they will have settled down some and it should be ok to fully deck the halls.

If I get a chance after work today I am picking up a few fish for the tank. It has been up and running for a few weeks now (without fish) and the cats have gotten adjusted to the noise it makes and no longer wish to view it. I know the movement of the fish will attract their attention but it is up well above their line of sight so it should be relatively safe--I hope.

Last night I was at my grandmothers for a visit and I wrapped most of my presents. Multi-tasking at its best. In the afternoon I was at Christmas Blaze with Auntie F and friends. It was a great show. Very high energy. I even managed to get my library card yesterday and picked up an audio book. It will be great to start listening to books again as I make the drive from Charlottetown to Victoria and back. That's one hour of book time each day. I can't believe it has taken me this long to get downtown to get my library card--such a simple thing that will bring me hours of entertainment and enjoyment.

Speaking of entertainment I am getting rid of my cable. I have been trying out Netflix on the internet and I think it will be just the thing. It won't give me the local morning news--but the internet and radio will, plus we get the paper at work. I will try to go cable free until April and if things aren't working out by the time I get back from India then I will hook it up again.

Off to work shortly at the theatre--hopefully everyone shows up for their shift today. I am on box office again but last time got called over to help at concession due to a lack of staff. It is too nice a day to be watching movies so my recommendation would be people go outside and go for a walk--enjoy the green grass a little longer.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

I am glad to hear your tree is still intact, and that the girls didn't disrupt it. You're right, this time next year they should be settled down. Hope everyone shows up for their job tonight, and that you aren't shuffled back & forth. I am off after 12/22, until 1/3, going to Myrtle Beach for my annual Christmas vacation Christmas morning & can hardly wait. Early Merry Christmas to you & the girls!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

You must be an early riser to see the beautiful sun in all its glory in the morning. I'm not at all, I get up with my feeting moving and don't stop until I'm in the truck, where hubby is patiently waiting (or so I think!).

Good the hear the kitties are leaving xmas things alone, especially the tree!! I hope you found some nice fish for the tank, and that the kittens don't notice, what a good idea to have it going for a while before you put the fish in.

Sounds like you have had a productive weekend, always a good feeling.

Catch you soon ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You paint a beautiful picture with the sun rise and the babies playing. You know how to describe things. Now I know you will name the fish when you get them so I will be waiting to hear what the names will be. If the girls ever manage to get the fish you'll be re-naming them "Smokey" and the "Bandit". I think the fish will be quite safe. But you may have two sets of eyes watching them swim around. And where will all the babies go when you go to India?

It is like having two lives - a different one for you day job and a different one for your movie theatre job. You will enjoy some down time from both jobs for the Christmas holidays this year. Your niece and nephew will re-store your faith in Santa Claus for sure!

Edith