Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's my birthday today. Yeah! One of my friends asked me a week or so ago if I would be turning 29 again (I haven't used that number in years) and I replied that I would be turning 50. I figure if I tell everyone I'm 50 they will say I look great for my age! ;) My mom might not the implications for her, but then again she has been turning 29 for a few years now so I think I passed her long ago.

I requested at the office--no cake. We are having Christmas celebrations this week and there are goodies on the table all day long...plus we had a one year anniversary celebration on Monday (with cake) so we certainly don't need another one today. I already know there are balloons awaiting me. Our president (my boss) was in yesterday and when he opened the closet door to get his coat a balloon popped out and I could hear the whispering about it from where I was sitting.

The b'day presents from home arrived last night. It seems as though the box had a long hard journey to Alberta seeing as it arrived after some of the boxes I shipped East did and mine were sent about a week later. Oh Canada Post you do like to keep us on our toes.

I will admit to opening the birthday gifts a wee bit early. I cracked open the box last night to eat some of the cookies and by the time 9pm rolled around the temptation took over and I started ripping paper. Technically it was my birthday in PEI...and since I was born there....then that counts, right? I will admit this is only the 2 or 3 time I ever opened birthday gifts early I do normally wait. And I NEVER open Christmas presents early, with the exception of the gift we traditionally open on the 24th.

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Day lovely girl! And yes, we are now on the dark side of 40, so we are can lie about our ages however we feel appropriate. I hope you enjoy your birthday treats and have a great day all around. Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Great big Birthday wishes. You know the old saying-the cards in the mail, well, yours truly is, just a bit later than I had planned. Hope you are having a great day.
Auntie F.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Happy belated birthday greetings to you. Thanks for sharing with 'the faithful blog readers' that you were having a special day. I hope it was 'special in every way'.

Edith

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Happy Birthday! Love your thinking with the 50 comment!!