Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We've passed out of the darkness and into the light! That may be a slight exaggeration but the days are getting longer.This of course is fantastic news for those living farther North of me...for those in the South maybe not such a big change.

I was looking up those large generally white boxes that you put food in on the internet yesterday. We need one for our new office. Apparently I have been misspelling the word for years.... but look at this both are correct.....
refrigerator fridge

I have been spelling refridgerator with a D for years. Whoops.

I mailed exactly 5 Christmas cards this year. They are a hit and miss thing in my house. Some years everyone gets one the next few years no one. I found a few cards in my decorations and decided to send them out...then I wanted to send out a few more but had run out of cards and stamps. For those of you who get cards...Merry Christmas. For those of you who didn't get cards....Merry Christmas. I love you all equally.

Everyone seems to be settling into the new office nicely. We are about 85% unpacked. The contractors put the final touches on yesterday and have vacated the board room we had built. There is still some furniture to order but for now everyone has a desk and a place to work. I have been staring at my artwork the past few nights trying to pick the one or two pieces that will grace the walls at the office. One lady asked why I would want to bring in art from home to look at. "I want to see it at my house," is what she said. "I spend most of my time at the office it makes sense to me to have it there." She finally agreed that indeed there may actually be more viewing time at the office than at home. Think about it. 8 full hours a day, 5 days a week. I average 5 hours of OT a week. I am home between 6:30pm and 7:30am M-F and sleeping for at least 8 hours of that. Take out the odd night at the movies, shopping time, walking, etc...and the time actually spent at home awake is minimal. So I continue to look around the apartment and think about the pieces that will follow me to the office.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I'm playing catch up on your blog as I have been on holidays since Dec. 23 and although I took your blog address home to put on my new lap top I just never did so until tonight.

I have to agree whole heartedly with you re the art for our office as you do spend way more time there then you do at home. You should definitely pick some pieces for the office.

I'm going to work my way through your blog updates and comment on each as I go.

I was one of the lucky ones to get a Christmas card and I really appreciated it. You may or may not know that I have a cat so the card you sent me was purrrrfect!

Edith