Saturday, December 19, 2009

Well the week is finally over. Thank goodness.

It was a very emotional week for me and the tiniest of things set me off into tears. Obviously it wasn't the events, it was the loss of my friend, but I am feeling--not happier maybe more accepting of the past week and am ready to remember the good times and not dwell on the terrible end to a wonderful persons life.

---

The office move has gone smooth. Very smooth. I spent most of Friday directing movers and re-arranging the things I mis-directed. The telephone lines were moved, the internet and network re-connected, all the furniture was carried up a flight of stairs and nothing is broken or missing. Imagine that. Today a few of us headed in to continue the rearranging. On Monday morning everyone has a desk and computer to use. And a ton of boxes to unpack. We borrowed 105 totes from the movers and 40 of them were unpacked by the time I left tonight. I plan to head in tomorrow for a brief visit to unpack my desk. I hope to do some purging of papers during the remainder of this year. There is lots to re-do and lots that can be sent to long term storage instead of left hanging around our current office. I do prefer to live without clutter....not that you would know that from the state of my apartment tonight.

I also hope to hang up some things on my walls and assume the other folks in the office would prefer I do my hammering when they are not next door. I am hanging up my two degrees, my Inuit art calendar, a white board, maybe a bulletin board if I can find one and a nice framed print or two from my walls at home.

Unofficially I won the office decorating contest. I say unofficially because everyone voted but the winner was never announced. I asked...I had to ask....and was told that I had won but there was no prize purchased yet. Maybe next week when we do the Secret Santa gift exchange...I don't care about the prize I just want the bragging rights.

Here's a couple pictures of my office...

My Tree of Travels. Most of the decorations have been collected from my travels around the globe. Mexico, Labrador, and London are the predominate locations for ornaments. A large number were also made by my niece and nephew.


Snowflakes....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The "Ditto" was too funny!

Edith