Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Merry Christmas Eve!

It has been a relaxing afternoon. I watched some tv, arranged my Christmas flowers and prepared homes for my new fish. Yep, I decided it was time to get a couple of new fish. I picked their names and am just about to inform them...and you.

Zorba (will be the orange one)
Live each day.

Ferdinand (will be the blue one)
Adventurous in life.

I think their names reflect the way we should live our lives. There is a poem that floats around email now and again. I heard it the other day and it served as a reminder to me...hopefully it will be a reminder to you as well...

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely
in an attractive and well preserved body,
But rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO what a ride!"

I received a couple of additional gifts today, one from a co-worker and one from the 'boss'. They were quite unexpected and very nice. I have also received a few Christmas cards from you lovely folks in cyber space. Thanks.

I had thought about doing laundry tonight, but someone already has the machine and they put a very large comforter inside which led to water all over the floor. Perhaps I will wait and just head to the laundromat over the weekend. My other thought for the evening was going out to view the lights. Now that I am settled into the apartment for the evening I have decided to wait on that and just simply enjoy an evening of peace and relaxation.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: