Saturday, January 31, 2009

I can be such a baby sometimes. I'm sick. And cranky and whiny. I've decided that I am officially on the road to old, or at least my body is. I have had heartburn every few days during the month of January. It isn't the spicy foods, it is sugar that seems to set it off. Friday afternoon after munching a piece of cake from my probation party I had heartburn all afternoon and evening. I stopped at a drugstore on the way home and picked up galviscon. It suggests taking two tablets. I guess I didn't read the box carefully enough or just didn't care, but the cure was horrible. These quarter size tablets foam up in your mouth. Ick. I got home, had supper then had to take another tablet. When I popped this one in I almost vomited as the fizzing action started to happen. YUCK.

Saturday morning I awoke with a cold. By early afternoon I decided I needed to venture out for groceries. I made a short stop at C'tire and then onto food. I ended up pushing a cart around the store as my energy was waning and my sick feeling was getting worse. At the store I managed to get myself to the check out and almost left all my groceries sitting there I felt so sick. I bought some magic cold/flu pills and they didn't stop the cough of course. So early this evening I ventured out again and bought some cough medicine. When I finally got home and measured out the cough syrup I was once again close to vomiting. I am such a baby. I hate the taste and feel of the medicine. It is horrible. And I'm afraid Mary Poppins advice won't work this time as I fear a spoonful of sugar will bring the heartburn back.

I admit that when I am sick I am a big baby. I don't remember the last time I was sick like this. I hope that by Monday the worst is over and I can venture into work....did I just say that? I must be sick.

3 comments:

Binky said...

Hey,
Hope you're feeling better!

Heartburn sucks. For me my age related complaint is arthritis. I can't tie skates like I could (even last year- my thumbs hurt).

B.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better soon! I know those Gaviscon tablets, they are gross. I caught everything for a year after finishing chemo, my resistance was down so low. Get well soon!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

There is a ton of germs out there. People have been getting bad colds and the sick stomach diarragh flu. Sounds like the West has the same dose. I hope you are feeling better soon and that your hearburn issue clears up.

Edith