Monday, January 12, 2009

Here’s another tale in the ‘it could only happen to Jennifer’ file.

Last night I decide to take a bath. I pour in some lovely bubble bath, adjust the water, grab my book and enjoy. When I got out I decided to just relax in my robe, take my book and make myself cozy on the couch to read. Then came a knock at the door. Holding my robe tightly closed I poke my head around the door. One of the guys from downstairs is there asking if I know anything about the water leaking from his ceiling. “Oh, my dishwasher overflowed on Saturday morning. Is it from that?” He doesn’t seem to think so and says it was gushing not that long ago. “Dunno,” I say. The landlord is on his way over and will figure it out says the guy. “Ok.” And I close the door. I settle back onto the couch with my book and a very short time later there is another knock at the door. The landlord.

He comes in to have a peak. I tell him about the dishwasher. He doesn’t think that is the problem and decides to let some water run in the tub to see if that is where the leak was coming from. As we let the water run I mention I don’t know how to get the cover off the light in my hallway and if he would be so good as to tell me I could change the light bulb. (This has been an issue since before xmas.) He does it for me, but I know now that it is on springs…for next time. We check the tub. Nothing and no one from downstairs has come up to tell us there is more water draining out. Then a light bulb goes off as I continue to try and hold my robe together…I had a bath. “I just had a bath. Do you suppose it is from the overflow?” Could be. “This is the first bath I’ve had here. That would explain it.” Yep. Problem solved. Now someone needs to fix the problem and I can’t take another bath until I get the go ahead.

Yep…only me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennifer, only you get to have these wonderfully "odd" experiences. Jennisms is a good term I think. I hope that while you were in the tub you thoroughly enjoyed it - long and relaxing, sounds like it might be the last for a while, especially if it took the landlord that long to do the light fixture! I'm no plumber, but one would think if it was the tub - that when you showered the same thing would happen!

What a way to start your week - it can only get better - can't it??

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Oh goodness me - only you. Now lets look at the positives: 1) you got the hall light bulb issue solved so it can be changed. 2) You met the guy from downstairs. 3) You got to discuss the dishwasher leaking issue with the landlord. 4) You were the person with insight enough to solve the problem for the men.

Perhaps it won't take too long for the landlord to get the bathtub issue fixed.

I shall stay tuned for the next Jennifer "only could happen to me" update.

Edith