Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year...or at least welcome to another day in the life of me.

As long time readers know I'm not a big fan of NYE and all that. I prefer to stay home and have a quiet night by myself. Lately though there seems to be a bit too much myself time. I will need to try and fix that in up coming weeks, but at least for the moment it is what I need/want/crave more than anything else. Must just be the leftovers from the multitude of changes in my life during the past 5 months. Yeah, in five months I've moved essentially 3 times and changed jobs as many times as well...so I think it is just a bit of mental down time to think about and decompress from all the changes.

How many of you made New Year's Resolutions? I'm again not going to make any....but I am going to continue on with a couple things I've been doing the past couple years. Again I aimed for three new foods this past year. I came up with mushrooms (not new for many of you...but I gave them an honest go and still don't like them), okra (its ok, but not a regular on my list, and all kinds of different foods and spices from India. My fav from India would definitely have been the masala tea. Again in 2009 I am going to try three new foods. I'm also hoping to not need to move in 2009! But with my track record I guess it is a bit early in the year to be making that statement.

I don't see any big trips in 2009, but am hoping to make one in 2010. No word on that for a while...need to figure a few things out first.

Oh, and if I do move again I'm going somewhere that they have storm days...so I can occasionally have one! Edmonton doesn't get them and with friends across the country getting long weekends...it just doesn't seem fair. LOL Actually, I have no complaints about the weather here. It has remained around -20 - -25 almost every day for the past month. The sunny days it is great and it reminds me of living up North. On the cloudy grey days I just shrug my shoulders and head for inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jennifer. You are not alone in spending a quiet night at home, Joe and I just stayed in and looked after Keaton, our grandson. We aren't big fans of all the hoopla that goes on. Speaking of storm days, today would have been one if there was work! A crying shame to have storms on holidays!

I also don't get into the habit of new year resolutions, just something to make me feel guilty if I don't succeed.

Hope you have a nice quiet weekend and then are ready for the office next week. Sounds like your policy manual is coming along quite quickly for you. Good luck with it!

Take care ... cheers ... Lori B.

Binky said...

Happy New Year!!

Sounds like you're really settled in Edmonton and doing cool things. I like the apartment!

B.