Thursday, January 29, 2009

Surprise!

Arrived at the office this morning to find streamers hanging down the door frame and two posters on my door "Jennifer, pack your bags!" and "It's over". Inside were a ton of balloons, and flowers. Today marks the end of my probation period! It is a bit of a joke with my 'boss' and I. He has been threatening to fire me since the third day at work. He keeps a countdown on the go for me and I keep begging him to do it sooner. I even wrote up my own termination letter yesterday and printed it on bright pink paper. He laughed when I gave it to him to sign. On top of the wonderful decorations we had a cake with "You're FIRED!" on it, they bought me a bottle of diet pepsi and everyone had to write down and say one nice thing about me. It was great. Even now I am sitting here sipping diet pepsi out of a goblet. Classy.

The office needs a moral boost and this was certainly a day of it. We laughed our way through lunch and had a great time of it. Hopefully the mood keeps up. The flowers are coming home with me tonight, but I think I'll leave the balloons and streamers up for a while.

I'm working on fun stuff at work today...designing our new display units. Well, not the actual design, but the sizes and general overall look. Something I definitely enjoy and it is a great way to spend this festive day.

And Lori, blogger posts my writing in order of the day I start writing it...not the day I actually publish. Which is why you missed the pic posting earlier in the week...it posted under the last post. That btw, will be happening likely on the weekend when I finally get around to adding a few words to the pics I uploaded last night. ;) Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You had me going there. I thought they really were firing you. I'm glad it was a "fun" event and that everyone had such a great time. Congratulations on passing your probation period! It seems like just a couple of weeks ago you started there - how time does fly.

I hope the good mood stays with everyone and carrys you right into the weekend. One more sleep to the weekend!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Congratulations on breaking out! Who knew probation could be such fun, what a great way to start your day, sounds like a blast! Glad it was such an uplifting day, hopefully this is the turnaround for better moral all round the office. It's so nice to hear about a positive event, even if they had to pretend you're fired! Maybe your boss can share the office with you (and, of course, your own microwave in there!), he could be a good roommate, definitely appears to have a great sense of humor. Keep the streamers and balloons until they fall down - they will be a source of happy conversations. Great early start to the weekend for you.

Enjoy some more diet pepsi, or something stronger, and your flowers over the weekend.

Looking forward to some more pics, now that I'm catching on to this blog technology - I'm slow here you know!!

Cheers ... Lori B.