Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I turned semi productive Sunday afternoon and went for a walk. There is a river that runs through the centre of the city. Each side of the river has walking trails and pathways and parks. I jumped into Oliver James and headed towards the river confident that I could find one...and I did.

Here are some of the views that I found...maybe next weekend if it is semi warm I will head out again and find another section.






Close up of Christmas


Christmas ready to be put away. I'm taking a risk, but I put all of my ornaments loose into rubbermaid totes instead of back into the plastic cases and cardboard boxes they all came in. Takes up much less room and uses up some of the many totes I had up North and don't seem to need here. I may regret the decision to not wrap them all individually....but my theory is that as they are not moving in the box they should be fine. We will see next December.

I scrapbooked two pages last night. After three years of not doing it I finally got a couple done. I am semi-pleased with the results. Definitely more pleased with these results than the ones I did three years ago...but I guess practice makes perfect. I am hoping to do a couple more this week. I'll post pics when I finally get them finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Tell me again why you want to take a photography course???? Those pictures are absoutely wonderful. You need to have your own picture showing!

I think you are safe with the ornaments in the totes, especially if they are cushioned from other hard objects.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I would think your xmas decorations would be fine without the boxes, I do that most years, although I include a bit of tissue paper as well, especially on the bottom of the tote box. Now that most of us have our decorations down, the house feels so empty, but looks uncluttered and clean!! I know we will be finding tree needles until next xmas, they never seem to disappear completely when you vacum.

Like the pictures as wells. Must be decent weather for walking, looks beautiful, blue sky and sunshine! Enjoy it while you can.

Lori B.