Monday, January 26, 2009

Ok, sure I should probably be cleaning my apartment...I have an old friend coming to stay tomorrow night...but you know, the house is clean enough. She doesn't love me for my house keeping, she loves me for my quirky personality. So instead of cleaning I have decided to blog.

I was attempting to transfer files from old computer to new computer over the weekend. Instead of spending the money on a back up drive I was using a memory stick. Things were going well until I lost a folder. A whole month of photos. I can't find the folder anywhere. It is missing...or gone. I looked for it, couldn't find it and quietly shut down both computers then walked over to FShop and bought an external hard drive. I saved all the files from the old computer on it and now I have lots of room to take more photos. The only problem thus far is I still haven't found the folder of photos and I can't find or figure out how to locate all my songs for my ipod.

I have given up for the moment and think it is best to wait a few days before I attempt to locate the pictures. I don't even want to look up which folder I lost. It was one of the three larger ones...which makes me nervous. Sigh. I normally did monthly back ups by cd, but when the computer started acting up it wouldn't/couldn't burn the disks so I stopped. I am going to be doing it again. One of the ladies at work has a safety deposit box she keeps all her back up photos in...and that actually sounds like a good idea. If there was ever a fire in my apartment I wouldn't lose them.

Here are some pics that I was playing with in Photoshop. All except the original have been (obviously) edited. I was having fun. Maybe next time I'll even make sensible changes to some of my photos.








Here's to hoping I get a little more energy and ambition back this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Oh, I hope you find your picture folder, especially if it's the largest one you have! I can only imagine the number of pics you have filed away! Photoshop looks like it would be fun to play with, I haven't ventured down that road, I'm lucky to get my pictures from the camera to the computer.

Good idea about putting discs in a SDB, along with insurance polices, wills and all those other "important" papers. Good idea as long as someone knows about it and can access the box in case of need.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I would be broken hearted if I was you and lost that file with those pictures. I hopet there is a computer whiz somewhere that can find it for you. Don't blame you for breaking down and getting the extra hard drive for back up. Keeping the discs in a safe place is a great idea - especially if you are going to be selling your photos - that makes them more precious than just your own memories.

Wouldn't you know the time you didn't do the backup files you would end up losing them. Murphy's Law!!

Maybe St. Anthony can help you. St. Anthony, St. Anthony please come around, there is something lost that must be found.

Edith