Monday, January 17, 2011

Where does the time go? I can't believe we are just over half way through January...wasn't it just December last week? There are 3 months between now and the start of the build in India--even less days until I actually depart this great country.

I started my packing list on the weekend. I always try and pack light and I always seem to end up with something that doesn't get used. I have three lists on the go: a) packing list which then breaks down to clothing, toiletries and other, b) things to buy for India, c) things to do before India which then breaks down with personal things and things for the team. Loving it!

One of the team members mentioned that she had built before and wore scrubs for it...what a great idea. I am now on the hunt for scrub pants at VV. I would prefer to not pay full price for something that I am going to either leave behind or destroy along the way.

I really should get off the couch and go finish getting ready for work...yeah....

Isn't it great how much earlier the sun is starting to appear in the sky--less than a month and I can certainly see the difference. Now the sun is creeping up over the edge of blackness before I leave the house and not once I am on the road and heading towards the office. It really is an amazing thing isn't it. Thank goodness we have people to explain these things to us. I can only imagine what it was like before we had scientific explanations. No wonder the aboriginal populations had special ceremonies to bring back the sun...I would too if I thought it might help bring it back faster.

Today according to the news is Blue Monday...the day in January when people are most depressed. The bills are rolling in from Christmas, the short days, cold weather and dismal fiscal situation--apparently more people are broke in January then any other month all make for a wave of depression. What are you doing to battle the blues this month?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: For someone who lived in the land of the constant light in winter our dark,short days must be difficult for you to get use to again. I can see where you, more than we, must welcome the stretch to day light hours.

Novel idea to wear scrubs for you India trip/work. Good luck in scoring some used ones.

Edith

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

I, too, cannot believe it is mid-January already. Time going by so fast. I actually like this time of year the most, not so blazing hot as it is here in the summer. Winter depression..not really for me, I just focus on work, and the time seems to fly by faster. Good luck on finding the scrubs, I am sure you will eventually find some at a good deal.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

It is hard to believe we are heading to the end of January now, how time flies, but I guess that means winter will be over soon too!! India here she comes!! No doubt your lists for packing are getting longer each day and maybe even clothes out to see what needs to go or stay home.
The scrubs are a great idea, usually fairly lightweight which I think would be perfect and not constricting to wear in the heat. Hope you got a line on some to buy for yourself.

January blues? - not too much, with the brighter days I find it is usally very breathtaking to look out in the morning - we have a great view at home.

Hope to have lunch before you head to the build ... Lori B.