Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's day 4 of no cable. I'm doing fine.

I decided over the holidays to nix the cable. I experimented with Net Flix in December and decided that yes, I could go with it and it alone. Net Flix is $7.99/month vs $50+ for cable. I can watch hours of tv and movies without commercial. It doesn't have all the latest shows on it but it does have a lot of seasons worth of shows that I haven't seen and movies galore.

The news was my biggest area of concern. When I get up in the morning I like to listen to the news. I now just listen on line to the local radio station, which is actually a better plan as I don't listen to the radio in the truck so at least I am keeping up with my local news this way. In the truck I am doing books on cd.

Another food experiment tonight. Walnut Blond Brownies with Maple Butter Sauce. The brownies look good--just waiting to nibble on one and I will make the sauce in the morning before work.

The trip is filling up nicely and I am close to having a full team. Exciting!! In fact I may have my 12 now...we will see very soon.

Hopefully pictures and updates on the weekend.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds as if your plans for the trip are coming along nicely. As far as cable, I hardly ever watch tv, if I do, I watch it on line with that hauppague usb adapter on my laptop, or rarely the good old tv in the kitchen. I am sure you will do fine without cable. We are still digging out from that snow/ice storm. Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

It seems like you made the right decision for you regarding the cable tv. Funny how you have to have it to know if you need it.

Your baking expeiment sounds interesting.

Edith