Thursday, January 6, 2011

I posted on my facebook page yesterday that there is 101 days to India--which means today there are 100. Yeah! It is all starting to quickly become real. I am in the midst of research with travel agents in order to book my ticket and have started to mentally draw up a list of everything else I need to buy for my trip.

At the top of that list is a new camera. Wait a minute you are saying, didn't you buy a new camera in 2008 when you left Nunavut? Isn't it an amazing camera that can do everything but the dishes. Yes and Yes....it also refuses to do laundry. I love my camera BUT I do not want to take it to India with me. If this was strickly a sight seeing trip I would no doubt bring it along, but it isn't. I will be working most of the days I am travelling and it is hot and dusty--very dusty. I hope to pick up a cheap but good small camera to take with me. I want something that will fit in my pocket and not stand out in a crowd. The less attention I draw to myself the better when it comes to money.

I realized this morning that it really is more important that I get my plane ticket than my camera...so I will hold off on this purchase until Marchish. I don't know what I am looking for yet but I do know that I want two batteries for it (rechargable) and a LOT of memory. I will be purchasing multiple memory cards so I do not feel the need to conserve my need to click. The research has started but I may try to find a camera that takes the same kind of memory card as my old camera--it already have some memory cards I could re-use. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Sigh. Off to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

And most people count the days until Christmas. I worked with a guy once who could tell you now how many days until the next Christmas. I guess you are more concerned with how many days to India!

I totally understand why you do not want to take your good camera to a land of sand and theives. There are air fare seat sale tickets in the paper today I just don't remember if India was included as a destination. If not with today's sales maybe soon.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Your trip will be here before you know it. The count down is on! I was chatting with Edith about your count down and mentioned that she will have to soon start a count down as retirement is this summer for her!! Sounds great doesn't it? Since you were in India before, I am assuming that it will be easier to pack this time as you know what to expect. Getting a new camera is a great idea if your current camera is a really good one. I had thought that most cameras take the same little cards, I know when I got a newer camera, I never thought to check that but it's the same type of card. Lots to pick from at all different price levels. Happy camera hunting - after the ticket is arranged!!

Hope your weekend's great...Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Did you enjoy that snow storm last night? I'm sure it is stll nothing like up North but you have lots of fresh white stuff.

Edith