Friday, August 20, 2010

Wow...where is the time going? I kept meaning to do updates but time seems to be getting away from me. Ah well.

I am cat/house sitting for the next few days. It is some well needed alone time for me. When one is used to being alone it is hard mentally to share your head space and physical space 24-7. I am surrounded by new people at work and it was a tough one this week. So many things going on and none of them are what I thought they would be. It will be great once the settling in has finished.

I have been having a number of those PEI moments lately. You know...how someone I work with and apparently went to high school with and who lives down the road. And someone who worked with my mom who is married to someone I work with....and so on. They are fun and funny and weird all at the same time.

I'm off to Sketch 22 tonight at the Art's Guild. If nothing else my life has been filled with activities and outings the past few weeks and the fun isn't stopping for a while. More get togethers planned for the next few weeks. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

It's great that you are so busy with you social life and work, hopefully the work issues will work themselves out in the near future. Hoping the things going on at work aren't too serious, just some settling in issues. After being on your own for so long, I'm sure it would be different to get back in the family home and have folks around all the time, although I'd be lost without others, as I've never really been totally on my own for any length of time. Mind you, there are times when I think it might be nice to come home to the quiet! You will soon be in your own apartment and if you miss being around folks, you won't be far now!! You can jump in big red and head for Crapaud!

Hope you enjoyed Sketch 22, I've never been myself, but have heard good things about it. I'm looking forward to seeing Hairspray next month. After being away from the Island for a few years, I bet you are finding all sorts of local entertainment to keep you occupied with friends. There are so many things going on that most of us that live here don't take advantage of all that is offered!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Well time flies when you are having fun and maybe if you are not having fun too! Nothing like a new job to cause stress. Sketch 22 was likely a great stress reliever.

There is big time call for cat / house sitters. If you like it you can get lots of calls for the service.

Edith