Friday, August 13, 2010

The part-time job is not for fun--though I am hoping for a fun job--it is to supplement and augment my salary. I have taken a rather large drop in salary in order to return to PEI. I knew it would happen and I knew I would need a ptime job to get me through. I'm not looking for more than 10-12 hours a week. Probably a retail job somewhere.

When I was in Calgary I had a p-time job while I did my f-time job and it was fine. In fact, better than fine--it energized me.

On to PEI news...

I have spent the past couple of nights walking the beach in Victoria. The tide has been super low in the early evening which has allowed for nice walks on the red sandy beaches. The dog has come along on both occasions and she seems to enjoy it but I also get the feeling she enjoys sniffing around the buildings on shore a bit more than helping me look for starfish. Go figure.

There had been a tentative camping trip on my agenda for this weekend but I think I will end up passing. It has been an interesting week...and not necessarily in a good way. I was sick on Wednesday. So sick I had to call my mother to come pick me up and drive me home. That is sick. Apparently I was not the only one feeling sick though I seemed to have the worst symptoms in the house. 3 out of 3 humans sick. Sounds like a food issue to me. Everyone is ship shape now and I am hoping to never experience that again.

Weekend plans--maybe some yard sales and or popping into a few antique/junk stores. I am in search of a kitchen table and a craft table...plus a chair for the living room. I have a brilliant idea for the living room chair--patio furniture. Some of the patio chairs have these huge puffy cushions on them and man are they comfy. :) I may have tried a few out. I was thinking about getting one (or two) for the living room. They are nice looking and are pretty solid--think wrought iron not plastic--and on sale at the moment.

That's my plans for the weekend...what are you up to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Thanksk for the update on the part-time job issue.

Sorry you were ill this week. Sounds like you had quite dose.

There are some beautiful patio chairs out there - they swivil and they rock. Go for one of those.

The beach walks sound relaxing.

Edith