Sunday, August 2, 2009

I did make it back to Edmonton on Friday night. I spent Saturday in an almost hermit like condition with a trip to the grocery store as the highlight to the day. Sunday I went to a movie and then did some shopping. I'm hoping for some additional R&R on Monday...ah...holiday. Thank goodness cause I am still bushed, but not tired at the moment. Figures.

I have a ton of pictures to post for you...but haven't even opened my suitcases to unpack so you will need to wait longer for pics.

Bought a travel book on Italy yesterday and am hoping to have a more concrete plan by the middle of September. I think I even have someone to go with...so that is exciting. Relax, it is a female friend and not some romantic interest I have been holding back on. I'm happy to have something to focus energies on and love planning...so the longer I get to plan the better. Trip is tentatively booked for March.

While I have bought groceries twice in the past two days I still haven't managed to buy 'food' you know...stuff to make meals out of. Maybe tomorrow. I am starting from scratch after all in the re-filling of my pantry. The new grocery store a couple blocks from my house makes me happy. T&T Grocery...a Chinese grocery store that is the size of a regular supermarket. It's big and bright and has a great fruit and veggie section. Mmmmm. Fresh fruit.

Ok...more when I feel less lazy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love T and T grocery. Don't know what half the stuff is, but that is part of the appeal.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you arrived safe and sound at home. Being a hermit was probably a good feeling for a change! Hopefully you did get to enjoy your Monday, remember, not all of us get that day! Gold Cup Friday will be here soon for us in Ch'town.

Italy ... with a friend, how exciting for you both! Has your friend been there before or is it her first trip to Italy. Sounds like you will have all your plans made ahead of time if you're looking now and travelling next spring. I haven't been there myself, but anyone I know that has been there would go back in a minute.

I will assume you got out to get a "supply" for your kitchen, you would need to get a fair bit to replenish the stocks as you were gone for quite some time.

Looking forward to pics!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

So great to hear "home is still where the heart is". Italy plans - go girl!

Edith