Sunday, August 16, 2009

Apparently three days is long enough for a weekend. It's almost 9:30pm on Sunday night and I'm a bit bored. It's my own fault really. I didn't do enough today to really stimulate myself. In the morning I was in the 'this weekend is not long enough' kind of mood so I decided to slow it down and try to not do too much. My plan worked perfectly. I did so little that I know feel like a sloth. I could do a few things now, but am thinking I should invest in a couple of additional lamps for my living room before I do that. The lighting is ok for watching tv and working on the computer, but reading well...I should have a better light. I wonder why that didn't bother me before? I really am getting old.

I have taken it upon myself to really get into phase 2 of the Jennifer make over. Phase one was Spring of 2008 when I learned how to wear make up and decided to start using purses and trying to act more like a feminine female. Phase 2 is more of a inner focus. I have a few books that will hopefully help with figuring out a few things in my life. I may have opened pandoras box on one of them earlier today. While I do feel sexy at my present size and fully endorse plus size women as fabulous I would personally like to be a different size. Not a 2 or a 4 or a 6. Heck I'd settle for a 12 at this point. And I am focusing on why I became this size in the first place.

I know what the initial reason was...bad medicine. But the hows and the whys about maintaining this size come from somewhere else. I hope to find out why.

Another book/audio book actually that I am listening to is Deepak Chopra's book on synchrodestiny. It basically says that there are no such things as coincidence and that all those such occurrences actually happen for a reason, you just may not know why at the time. My plan was to listen to the book on my way to/from the office. I figured that if I listened to the radio every morning it wouldn't be that hard to listen to a book. And I think if it was a novel that theory would hold. This book requires me to think and absorb. I have over come this issue by listening to the first cd a number of times. I think it is going to work. I'm onto the second cd tomorrow.

On a very positive note...I won a prize recently. I will fill you in on the details and how you can win when I get my prize. I will announce a contest so that one of my faithful readers may also win a prize. And now...to try and make myself sleepy...so I can get up and make it to the office on time tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Love the pictures of the flowers, looking at those I don't know why you need a photography class; however, can't wait to see pictures after the course! The ones we see now are great.

I don't agree with a 3 day weekend being long enough, I very rarely find myself bored at home - I like long weekends and have no problem being lazy, especially these hot and humid days!! Maybe being lazy is why I don't always accomplish the usual weekend home "stuff" I should be doing. Part of not getting bored and getting the "usuals" done, is our little man at home with us, Keaton now about 20 months, keeps us on our toes so no time to be bored, he's a sweety pie for sure!

A Jennifer make over - I never saw anything wrong with you! However, it never hurts to improve ourselves, inside and out, we can all benefit when we know we are working towards a goal with ourselves. Good luck with yours! !

I'm hooked on what your win was, don't keep us in suspense too long!

I hope your weather is great now that your back home and that you get to enjoy some of what Edmonton has to offer in the summer. Hope all is well back at the office as well, must be quite a change after the last few months.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

A prize - Yahoo! Bring it on.

I love any extra long weekends that come my way. This coming weekend is one - Gold Cup and Saucer parade day.

It was a hot weekend down here on PEI. Frosty Treat would have been very busy.

Edith