Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm in Edmonton. Ah.

I arrived back safe and sound Thursday evening and headed to the office a short 8 hours later. Friday was a long day and I'm sure I wasn't overly productive but I did help with some budget numbers and I was there to get some direction for the Board meeting on Monday.

Today--Saturday, I went shopping. Ok, it wasn't a spree. I needed to get one of my boots repaired. I bought them the last time I was in the US at LL Bean...which is longer ago than I care to think of. Anyway, the nice man at the shoe repair store said $20. And as I write this I'm wondering why I didn't take my shoe with me...the one I broke the heel on last fall and still haven't had repaired. Most of my shoes are disposable...I buys lots and they are usually cheap, but the boots and the shoe are expensive and a few dollars of repair work would be worthwhile. Nuts..why didn't anyone (me) remind me of the shoe.

I bought my first pair of steel toe boots. I'm going to wear them around the house or at work tomorrow to see if they are going to be ok. I need them for the habitat build. The guy at the store was less than helpful and was ever so nice to tell me that I had BIG feet for a woman.

I need to transfer the pictures I took up North onto my personal laptop before I can upload them all for your viewing. Oh, and I was right...it is a lilac bush outside my deck and I have had the door open all the time so I can smell them...and there is a bunch on my table. It is nice to be home for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You do live a whirlwind life. Back in Edmonton long enough to work, work , work there and then back to the North to work, work, work there.

Glad your boot was repairable and the shoe is likely repairable too. Another day, another visit to the shoe man.

Lilacs smell so lovely - have some in my livingroom too. Glad you made it back in time to enjoy the liacs before their short season ends.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

No flight story so am assuming all went well with the travel home. I take it that the boots aren't the ones you take for the habitat build as you mention your new ones for that. Your shoe probably won't be needed there - but then - it's you - the shoe lady who may always need shoes!! You never know what may come up and when you may have to get "gussied up"!

Looking forward to the pics you are going to upload. They are always so representative of what you see that one can imagine being there with you.

Thought of you on Saturday as there was an article in the Guardian about global warming and the pic to go with it was from a neat little hamlet - Pang!

Take care ... Lori B.