Friday, June 12, 2009

My time in Edmonton is quickly coming to an end...sigh. It's good to be home.

I am off to a bbq Saturday afternoon. It is a global village/habitat for humanity reunion type event. I am looking forward to seeing a couple of old friends and meeting some new people.

Saturday I need to:
a) find something to bring to the bbq
b) go to the office and pack up my files
c) pick up a few more groceries
d) clean my apartment
e) do some laundry
f) pack for Iqaluit
g) pack for Cambridge Bay
h) relax and try to stay relaxed before I leave town Sunday morning. Phew. I'm tired already just from writing the list. But we all know I will get it done on time.

So...here's how my next few weeks are shaping up. Sunday go to Cambridge Bay...Monday -Thursday work like a dog. Thursday, fly to Yellowknife and hopefully meet up with friend for supper/tea in the evening. Friday, fly to Iqaluit for build. Spend week in Iq building with old and new friends. Monday, June 29 fly to Yellowknife and hopefully again meet up with friend. Tuesday fly back to Cambridge Bay. Wednesday is Canada Day! Then two days of work followed by the weekend. Work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then Thursday is Nunavut Day! 10th Anniversary of the territory becoming a territory. I'm helping out with the festivities. Can't wait. Then one day of work followed by the weekend. This brings me to July 13...almost halfway through the month. I am hoping (fingers and toes crossed) to be leaving the North on August 1 and spending the rest of my summer in Edmonton...or Edmonton and surrounding area as I am hoping for a few visits to out lying communities.

So no, I haven't transferred over the pics I promised yet...I know you will forgive me for relaxing in Edmonton all this time and trying to save up some energy. But there will eventually be pics and more stories and adventures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer;

You are a busy bee aren't you!! I hope the BBQ was good today and that you met some of your old friends there as well as some new ones that may be at the build in Iqualit.

We love to see your pictures, but sometimes the verbal adventures you tell us are sometimes better as we can really visualize what you're telling us about. Sounds like we will get some great reading with all the places you will be going to.

No doubt all the packing, cleaning, shopping, etc. got done right on time! How late were you up Saturday night getting packed?

Looking forward to more as usual!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Your schedule wears me out just looking at it. I can't believe you are travelling and working up North for most of the summer. I do hope you will get back to Edmonton to stay in one place and just enjoy.

Edith