Monday, June 22, 2009

Man am I tired. But feeling good.

Another great day of building. It was a bit rainy, windy and chilly, but as long as you kept moving it was ok. I managed to sweat through my sweat shirt, but only because my rain coat has no ventilation. YUCK!

I have been helping S with the measuring, cutting and delivering of wood the past couple of days. We got into a great rhythm on Sunday as exclaimed by my arms that evening. But this morning I was at it again and feeling fine. I organized the storage shed this afternoon. It was a bit of a make work project that I took on myself, but it needed to be done. I had a shelf made (I made all the measurements--but had some help with the cuts and nailing) and that helped. There is way to much stuff in the shed...so in two more days it will be a mess again. Oh well.

The food...doesn't stop. Coffee break, fruit, cookies, that sort of thing. Then a couple hours later lunch, followed up later in the afternoon by another coffee break and then a short while later supper. I ate with the group Sunday night. It was a team two/team one evening. Lots of laughs and good times all around. Tonight I ate a bagel at the house here in front of the tv. I didn't think I could handle another big meal. Tomorrow night I am having onne over to my friend Jen's for supper. I brought musk-ox and one of the ladies on the team bought the veggies for our musx-ox pot roast of sorts. And an apple pie. If I get it done in time there will be homemade guacamole as well.

It's nice to be back and I don't know how I am going to see and spend time with everyone that I want to see. I just know it isn't going to happen. But I will try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You love these builds. The tone of your email is so happy even though you are working so hard. I wonder is it the team work when everyone wants to work as a team or if it is the people you are working with - everyone wanting to do something for the good of others.

You are dead tired and having a ball. We need to figure this one out.

I hope you do get to see as many of your former workers and friends as possible. Have a "pub" night or something before you leave and invite everyone to meet you there.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like this build is exactly what your mind, body and soul need at the moment. Glad to hear you're putting in long hard days and loving it!

Glad to hear you all are being fed well, need to keep the energy up more for this type of work than the normal day jobs.

Keep enjoying and hope you get to spend time with old and new friends while you are there.

Lori B