Wednesday, June 24, 2009


Wing Night!!

Yes, it is that Wednesday night Iqaluit tradition. Wing night. The team went for wings and drinks. It was nice. I ran into a few old friends and had a wonderful time chatting with my new friends.

Today was a bit of an off day at the build site. The roofing guys were onsite and since they are pros we step back and let them take over. Instead of just watching them all morning we went touring around Iqaluit. It was tons of fun I if I was smart I would be downloading pictures right now...hmmm. And now I am. Back to the site for a marvelous lunch and then in the afternoon D helped me clean Jen's car. I am borrowing a vaccum tomorrow and hope to have it sparkly clean when she returns on Friday, kind of as a thank you. Then we were done for the day so I did some visiting and FINALLY mailed my landlord July's rent cheque. I emailed him in May about it and just got it done today...after a call from my office reminding me. He called there trying to track me down. Oops.

Tomorrow is another day of work and then lunch with the guys I used to work with. They are located in another building now. Much newer and the VIEW is awesome...right out on the bay. It will be nice to have lunch and catch up a bit. And my evening is going to be my own. I've been invited to join the group for an evening out at a concert, but I think an evening alone is really what I need. And I may have a friend over for a quiet supper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Sounds like the build is going really well and that you are connecting with many past friends. Good for you. Having the use of a car while you are there is an added bonus. No wonder you want to return it in good condition.

Today is Friday so I am assuming you will be wrapping up your week of the "build" and I hope you are departing feeling very satisfied.

Edith