Monday, April 6, 2009

What a long day...but good. I stayed until just after 8:30pm...I was on a roll and had a huge pile to tackle.

I had an ever so minor procedure done today. My dad will be thrilled. I had to have the two piercings on my chest removed. They were located right where my neck is attached to my body. I liked them. They were part of me...and now they are no more. They started to be rejected...and the rejection started a few days after my LEEP. I think it is connected. I think my body said..we have too much going on and can only look after so many things at a time...it choose my cervix. Good choice. When a piercing is rejected or migrates it moves from where it was originally placed. Imagine having your ear lobe pierced (as many of you do) and you wake up one morning to find your earring has moved towards the outer edge of your ear lobe and then a few more days pass and now the hole has moved so far that it has popped out of your ear. Hmmm, hard to describe that properly.

Anyway, my dr removed them today. I could have let nature continue on its own path, but figured this was the best (read safest) way to do it. He had never seen them before and had a few issues but finally managed to pop them out. He put some freezing in and dug around with a needle. Not really what I was looking for but it did the job. The scarring should be minimal--maybe just two tiny dots. He gave me some penicillin but they aren't infected.

________

The weather today was amazing. I didn't want to go back to work after my appointment...it was 11 degrees (high was 14). Spring!! The snow is going, going, almost gone and I saw one of those trucks that sweeps up the dirt on the roads today. Hurray! I took a 5 minute break in the afternoon and sat outside to enjoy the weather. Tomorrow if it is nice we have talked about going for a short walk at lunch time.

How's that for a Monday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You are the most amazing person. I have never heard of such a thing as piercings moving like that. I have to say, "if something is going to happen I think it will happen to Jennifer". Is there anything else in life you would like to experience? I think I'll just experience all these things through you instead of having to go through them myself.

I was glad to hear that your work week is going well even if it is going "long". To be on a roll is important and if you break the roll you just never can seem to get it going again. So don't blame you for sticking with it until you were finished.

I hope you do get out for that walk at noon.

Edith