Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wednesday night was one of those...it could only happen to me kind of nights.

I worked late and decided to pick up a frozen pizza on the way home. No problem. At home I turned on the oven, set the timer and waited. The timer went off I opened the door and saw a bit of smoke. I quickly shut the door turned on the fan and opened the window wide open. The smoke detector didn't go off so I decided to chance opening the door again.

This time somehow as I pulled the pizza out of the oven it slipped off the pan and into the oven. Partially on the element, some on the door and the rest in the oven. I slammed the door closed...I didn't want to tempt fate and have the fire alarm go off.

Pan still in hand I then reopened the door and tried to slip the pan under the pizza and maneuver the whole thing with a spatula. All that happened was the I pushed the pizza further onto the element. Slammed the door again and put the pan on the stove. Then I picked the pan up without the over mitt....OUCH burning hot. I let go, the pan crashed to the floor and I again picked it up with my fingers! I am SOOO stupid. I threw it onto the cupboard and wrapped my hand in a wet towel.

I finally managed to haul the pizza out of the oven and then upon closer inspection realized it wasn't cooked yet. I didn't chance the oven again. I put it in the toaster over slice by slice.

At one point when I grabbed towel off the counter it was under a grocery bag...that contain a 1/2 dozen eggs. It landed with a resounding WHACK. So yeah, and I managed to break two eggs.

Naturally the burned fingers are on my left hand. After taking the towel off I put a ton of ointment on it. No major damage done. I just have a couple spots on two fingers and the only time I feel it is when I type. I'll put some ointment on again tonight and don't expect any lasting issues.

I should have just bought the pizza at a proper pizza restaurant....wouldn't have had the issues. Ah well. No one died in the making of the pizza...so it's all good.

It's Thursday night and I expect to spend a large portion of my weekend at work. Lots to do before heading North. I want the best product I can get. I don't mind putting in the hours so long as I get to enjoy some of the sunshine that we are expecting.

And think of all the awesome pics I'll have next weekend!

No comments: