Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thursday evening we had a supper for all the staff at the Elk's Lodge. The food was cooked by the camp cook students and it was sure yummy. I headed home long before anyone else so I could take some pictures of the sun set. This is what I finally got....Tracks from an Arctic hare.I spotted the hare when I was leaving the house to take my pictures unfortunately I didn't have the camera at the ready to take the shot. That is two hare sightings for me inn a week.





The satellites outside our office in Cambridge Bay. Our connection to the outside world.
Geared up for travel out on the tundra in the winter.
Checking out the new skidoo. This driver just got a new machine last week and he was giving it a full work out.
The caboose part of a cat train operation we have on the go outside of Cam Bay.
One of the machines hiding under the snow while it waits for summer.
A wee bit of frozen exhaust on a roof around town.
Someone painted an inukshuk on the side of a sea can.
I guess if you are going to do something illegal the best thing to do is to leave your initials behind.
This is new construction...has just gone up since I left in February.
Beautiful watch dog.
Wait for me!
The DEW line site in Cam Bay.






No comments: