Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is it just me or is everyone sleeping more lately? I won't say I used to spring out of bed at 6am, but it wasn't far from that. Now I find myself still under the covers at 7am and somedays pushing it until 7:30. I miss my morning time but cuddled under the covers I can't imagine getting out of bed any earlier, even if it does mean reading my favorite blogs and doing the crossword puzzle. Even the cats are sleeping in.

I bought this fabulous toaster oven/rotiserie/toaster/broiler thing in September. I love toaster ovens and am rarely without one. Great when you are cooking for one! The rotiserie (I have no idea how to spell that!) is fantastic and I have successfully cooked a couple of chickens. Yummy. The toaster part however leaves a lot to be desired, so much so that I finally gave up and bought a toaster. Grrr. It's ok. The toaster was the el cheapo only toasts, turn the dial kind of toaster but that isn't the point. I guess maybe the 6 function toaster oven was too much to ask for. The only regret is the lack of counter space in an already counter challenged kitchen. If I ever get to buy/build a house I am going to build 10 more feet of counter than the builder recommends--just cause.

Hump Day! For those of you watching the days and the clock this week we are half way through and the weekend is just starting to peek out from around the corner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I think the slow start in the morning is due to how dark it is these mornings. In the summer when the sun is up so early you feel like getting up too. When it is dark your body says it is still sleep time. Good for you if your girls will sleep in. It is a rare occasion that mine does.

Edith

Jack said...

I get up @ 3:45 am, but I do love the new time change, wish it would stay that way all year. An early weekend for me here in the states, Thanksgiving. Glad the girls are sleeping in, mine never will. Happy rest of the week!