Monday, September 20, 2010

Time sure flys some weeks doesn't it. I thought it had only been a few days since my last entry but it has been just over a week. Oops.

I went down for the count on Wednesday night--arriving home at 7pm from the laundromat I knew I was coming down with something and by light of day Thursday I was in a full blown cold. My head felt like it was going to explode. Apparently there has been a cold going around and it was my turn. Bound to happen to me when the temperatures drop by 15 degrees almost overnight. Fall has arrived.

The weekend was spent putting the finishing touches on the apartment. With the exception of the 2nd bedroom I'm done--close enough. I still need to arrange for a dresser and a couple odd chairs to be brought in from my parents house but basically the living areas are complete. Ah. I even hung pictures. I'm pleased with the overall look--pictures next weekend.

I didn't make it to the TF run on Sunday. The runny nose kept me in and from what I've heard it was for the best. It was a great day--don't get me wrong, but there was a long delay in the start of the day and it was chilly which would not have helped me in recouperating from the cold. I have no regrets. I walked the bridge when it first opened and I still support the TF run.

Busy week ahead at work...off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Sorry to hear you caught that cold. So did Lori and she can identify with how you feel. She is just getting back on her feet.

I'm sure the apartment is shaping up really well. You must be so happy with it and feeling so "at home" in it. The spare bedroom is not a room you will be in much anyway so sit down, kick back, and start relaxing and enjoying your home instead of fussing with it.

Work will likely remain busy for quite a while. I keep hearing of people who work there when I never really heard of the place until about a year ago. All are positve comments about it as a work site.

Edith.