Friday, September 3, 2010

Baby its hot outside. The temperatures are reaching highs of 30+ and my body is not impressed. I also don't own much in the line of work appropriate summer clothes and the AC in the office makes it a struggle. I had a long sleeve blouse on yesterday with a sweater vest. Just right inside the office but the minute I go outside to walk to the other building and am hit with the 39 degrees (with humidity) I'm a puddle of sweat. Ick.

Last night (Wednesday) was my first night in the apartment. I got home around 8pm and due to the extreme heat decided not to do anything but flop on the couch and wait for a cool breeze to blow in. We are still in post-disaster stage here--looks like a tropical storm blew through and moved everything around. If the weather breaks a tiny bit tonight I hope to get some of the unpacking done and another coat of paint thrown up on the wall.

This may jinx things but I actually wouldn't mind hurricane Earl arriving on the weekend (with minimal damage of course) as that would be the perfect excuse to stay indoors and unpack. If it is nice and sunny I will want to play at the beach and will end up still not being able to find clothes to wear on Tuesday.

Last night wasn't as hot as the night before but I still didn't get any unpacking done. I did manage to get some groceries. Now when I say some I mean just over $200 but I still don't really have anything in the cupboards. I will likely be out a couple of times on the weekend (weather pending) to get more as I figure out what I need. By the time I got home last night and unpacked groceries it was 9:30pm so no painting again.

Today is Friday and it is cooler(?) only 19 this am but it is going to get hot again. With any luck though it will be cooler than the last couple days and I can throw up another coat of paint. I would love to be able to set up my bedroom.

It will be interesting to see what Earl brings this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

OK, so you have air conditioning at work. People at my office, where there is no air conditioning were dying with the heat. My office seemded to be better than most. But I took today as a holiday and a nice long swim in Cardigan River was most refreshing this afternoon!

I don't envy you trying to paint in this weather. You are braver than I. But I know you want to get the place in order so you can get settled in. Happy unpacking!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

You are sooo right about it being hot!! I don't enjoy this weather at all, makes me cranky and useless. You are lucky you have air conditioning at work. I'm off this week and next; however, spoke to someone today from the office and was told with the humidity, it registered 43 yesterday, yup - we don't enjoy the summer heat at the office!! I can't imagine trying to unpack in this, I hope you have some fans at the new apartment to help keep you cool. Painting can certainly wait until things break with Earl's arrival and departure, I hope he doesn't hit too hard, but will be glad that he came to take this heat and humidity away with him!!

We had hoped to go to Digby for the long weekend, but needless to say, we can go some other time when there are not any weather warnings!! Didn't want to leave daughter on her own, and our friends probably don't really need extra bodies around if the hurricane hits them hard.

Take care and enjoy the long weekend, hopefully you get a few more things unpacked and find some clothes that suit both outside and inside!!

Lori B.