Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm still placing objects in the apartment. You'd think I'd be finished by now...but I always spend too much time thinking about where to place each object. 'If I put this here I'll be super organized and it will always be available when I need it.' It doesn't often end up working but I toil away placing objects anyway.

On the weekend while carefully placing objects I opened one of the giant plastic totes I own. I had checked the tote for water damage a couple weeks ago when I first moved in and didn't notice any....as I unpacked the entire tote I found some. I had printed off my entire blog when I was still up North. I wanted to have a paper copy should anything ever happen to the blog online...you never know, right? It took a LOT of paper and three binders to hold it all--not to mention the hours of printing and hole punching. Well as you have likely guessed by now...it got wet. And seeing as the water exposure was over 2 weeks ago we now have a wet, moldy paper situation on hand. I had to toss all the paper out. It was sad but I know the blog is still online and I can re-print or save it electronically somehow. What was sadder was the loss of a little blue note book that contained the original writing of my trip to India. It too had gone moldy and needed to be thrown out.

Before I could toss out the blue notebook I went through it and read the words over again. Then I read all the blog entries about the trip to India. It was such a wonderful experience and I am glad I have the blog to look back on whenever the mood strikes me.

Today I had final confirmation on my habitat trip. April 16 - May 1. Area and details are still to be finalized but the introduction (virtual) to the coordinator in India was made today and the plans should be moving forward soon. That was a big perk me up at the end of my day.

If anyone would like to stop over and finish this re-arranging I'd be very happy to let them in the door. :) What is fun and challenging is the amount of space I have. More space than I have had since I lived in a two-bedroom townhouse in Pangnirtung. The apartment I'm in has a second bedroom--cha ching! a walk in storage closet in the hallway, a linen closet in the bathroom and a proper dining area--big enough for a table and chairs! I don't know what to do with all the space.

This coming Sunday I'm off to the Confederation Bridge to participate in the TF run/walk. The weather isn't looking so great but really as long as it doesn't rain I'm happy. The only crappy part of the day is the need to be in Borden at 6:30am...ugh. I mean I am normally up early but not early enough to be up and awake and out the door in time to be in Borden for a 6:30am bus ride followed by a 12km walk. That is serious awake time.

Here's a few pics taken in August...

Snail trail in the sand at low tide--Victoria-By-The-Sea

Isn't the red amazing? Yes folks--this is PEI! No colour touch up to this picture.


Low tide in Victoria.


Tramp helping with the unpacking.


Playing hide 'n seek.


One of the cats I looked after in August. Looks like I'm not the only one who has a thing for shoes.


Cabot Park. North Shore PEI.


Family day at the beach.


Cabot Park.
View out my office window in Victoria. Minus the pole isn't that fantastic? I can watch the tide come in and out. I've seen countless sailboats going by and birds of all shapes and sizes. The fields in the upper right have been plowed and now and then I catch a glimpse of a farmer tending to his crops.


Boardroom in Victoria. The sun was shining so hard in the early morning you can't really see the view, but it also looks out over the water. I find it hard to always pay attention to the meeting at hand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Pictures are fantastic. I nearly couldn't find Tramp playing hide and seek. I'm sorry to hear of the destroyed binders of the blog and the India info. Thankfully you bloged it to the rest of us and your blog can be re-printed even though it takes a lot of paper.

Your view from your office and from the boardroom are incredible. You do realize how lucky you are???

Right now your new India trip may seem a long way away but it will be here before you know it. There is time to dream and plan and organize.

It seems like you are having some trouble placing things in the new apartment. You know it is ok to move something if where you first place it ends up not working. You will know when it is right.

Edith

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You should do what I have done! We got our blog turned into a book. Very reasonable price to do actually!

http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Nice pics as usual! You do have one great view from your office, lots of people would love having that to see, and I'm sure it will be as great in the winter as it is in the summer. Tramp is a bit like Waldo, almost hiding in some pictures!

Too bad about your blog binder, but lucky it's still on line! Sounds like it will be quite a project (job) to redo it all. Your India trip will be here before you know it and you must be thrilled at the thought of going again, actually, we know you are thrilled, it comes out in your blog entries!! (we can read between the lines how excited you are!!)

Hope you had a good walk on the bridge today. Saw a few clips on the news today and there appeared to be quite a lot of people involved! Amazing how after so many years Terry Fox still is helping cancer patients!

We were on vacation the first 2 weeks of Sept and Earl kept us on Island the long weekend, didn't want to leave daughter home alone just in case! We did get to NS, down to Digby for a few days visiting friends, lots of good food and conversation!

Lori B.