Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome to February.
Hopefully the January blues or blahs have left and you are now focusing on how close Spring is. Maybe? Maybe not.

Life continues to be busy. I was riding a bit of a high over the weekend as I had filled the 12th and final spot on the team. And then Monday night that came crashing down. One person dropped out. It is only one spot we will recover quickly, but it was a wee bit heart breaking--I spent a LOT of time on Sunday sending out final information to all of the team and making the 'final' preparations. I already have one person who has shown interest in the spot and I'm certain it will be filled by the end of the month. So close...

A very funny kitten event on the weekend. Hudson flushed the toilet. Yep..all on her own. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and out of the corner of my eye I saw the paw on the handle and second later heard the whoosh. She watched in fascination--as she always does when I flush the toilet. I laughed very loud for a very long time and called a lot of people to share...yeah...maybe it wasn't that funny if you weren't there.

I'm off to the PAP clinic this morning....the first official one year exam since the issues of the past few years. I can't believe how quickly time flies.

66 days until I leave on my trip. YEAH.

The tickets were officially booked on the weekend. I arrive in Paris on Sunday, April 10 and fly to Chennai, India on Thursday, April 14 and then depart for Canada on May 2. Whooo hoo!! In an interesting turn of events I was able to book in at the same hotel in Paris that I stayed at in 2005. I didn't have the name or any other information on it...but when searching for 'cheap' hotels I saw a picture of a hotel that looked familiar and am 99% sure it is the same one. I will know forsure when I get into the elevator.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer

I can appreciate the high you had to fill position # 12 and then the let down when one person dropped out. I do hope you are able to fill the spot quickly. Is this something Ricky or Lori-Ann would ever be interested in?

The cat flushing the toilet story is a great one. I've never seen a cat do that before. It might be safe to keep the toilet seat closed in case someone decides to jump in the water!

I've looked at this picture with the update. I haven't a clue what is in the picture though.

Edith

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, that would have been a bit of a let down, that one person backed out, but I am sure you'll get the spot filled quickly. That must have been a hilarious moment when Hudson flushed the toilet! Too bad you didn't grab a quick video of it! I, too, cannot believe it's February already..no blues for me, just ordered a new laptop :) I don't comprehend what the pic is about..looks like you're in an elevator?, but what's on the floor? Happy February to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Big let down re #12, hopefully the interested party has now confirmed that they will go. With tickets booked it must feel really close to take off time now!

Kitties and toilets, how cute - too bad your camera wasn't handy, maybe Hudson will do it again, who knows! I hope he never falls in though, that would give him a fright!!

I did guess back pack when Edith showed me the picture, yes, it was before you posted the answer. It is very small, can't hold too much??

Have a great weekend ... Lori B.