Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Did you ever wonder how far that spool of thread would go if you unwound it all? How many times could you wrap it around the table, the chair, walk it down the hall, into the bathroom, back to the hall, maybe the bedroom and then the spare room or vice versa. Have you? Maybe? But have you ever unwound that spool? I'm thinking not.

Dumb and Dumber did. There are a ton of toys in this house for them to play with and yet they manage to find the one or two things I have accidently left out and cause mass destruction. There is brown thread connecting most parts of my apartment at the moment. Sigh.

I want to read the ingredient list for those cat treats you see on tv. The one where they shake the bag and the cat crashes through walls to get at it...cause they aren't stretching the truth...there must be something in the food to make the cats go nuts. I have to keep the bags in the fridge or the cats find the bag and help themselves. I'm not talking opening the bag and then re-sealing it when they are finished...nope. I'm talking about chewing through the plastic or foil type bag to get at the treats inside and then once the bag is open and empty, chewing on the bag, licking it and generally destructing it until you wonder what the tiny bit on the floor is. Crack for Cats.

The intensity of play is a thing to watch. Two cats running wild in the house, leaping from one thing to the next barely touching the ground as they make laps around me and the apartment. Then suddenly the room goes silent and they are curled up sound asleep.

I am planning to pack away most of my art work, carvings, etc while I am out of town n April. I suspect the mass destruction that will happen when they are essentiall alone for that time would be great. Anything that could fall or be tipped over will be packed away in one room or removed from sight.

59 days and counting until I depart. Can you say excited? Still lots to do and more energy to be expended with organizing the team, the trip, etc.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Oh Jennifer!

What a riot about the spool! I laughed so hard my sides hurt! Yet, they are young & inquisitive. I agree about packing away your things before you leave. I am sure you are getting excited, but the departure day will be here before you know it. Happy mid-week.

Jack

Anonymous said...

beedJennifer:

No,Ihave never heard tell of a cat or kitten taking that spool of thread and distributing it all around your house!! What a mess to clean up.

As for the treats, my cat will eat them but won't come running when you shake the bag. They are always on the counter and he has never gone up there to check out the bag. But your cats obviously love their treats and are like kids with candy.

Did you get the last spot for your India trip filled?

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Love the way you tell about the cats, can visual them going nuts with the thread! One can only imagine how much thread that would be all wound around everything, not easy to see, but I bet it was easy to catch your feet on and possibly trip! Is someone brave looking after them while you are away?

Hope you got the last spot filled for India.

Lori B.