Monday, July 20, 2009

Ok...it is still crazy hairy wild up here. The work never ends. Change is a bithc. Big over-whelming company change is worse than that. My gov't friends will remember the 7% roll-back, the reduction in staffing a few years ago, etc. etc.Imagine that kind of change in a rather small company. People are dropping like flies.

On the plus side, I may get to go home by the end of the month. I'm not holding my breath cause I'm afraid it may not happen, but if you are thinking of me...send good thoughts that I will be able to vacate my Cam Bay apartment at the end of the month!

Had a wonderful day Sunday. Organized a staff outing to Mt Pelly. We had a bbq and everyone who attended had a great time. Turnout was fantastic with about 70% of our in town staff in attendance. And about 1,000,000,000,0007 mosquitos. I think I donated more than my share of blood to the cause. And yes, I have pics...but not yet. Tease!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

It feels like you've been up North for a year. And that is my take - I can only imagine how you feel. Your fish won't remember you when you return. I am going to send vibes your way that you get to return to Edmonton by the end of the month. At this rate you'll be living 6 months North and six months in Edmonton. I so want you to have "summer" this year like the rest of us and not spend it up North.

I'm happy that you still have your sense of humour as well as your "government memories" that some of us would prefer to forget.

Stay positive - stay happy - and stay focssed!

Edith

Unknown said...

I hope you get to come home soon, I want to come visit you in Eddy!

Jack said...

Sending good thoughts your way, in the hopes you will see home soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I hope you have found some time to take a few deep breaths! Sounds like things are really hectic there, as you say, crazy hairy wild, new term for me! Hopefully you will get home at the end of the month - I know it will be busy there but you have your own place and space which means a lot when you're at the end of your rope.

Glad to hear you took time for a BBQ - sounds like it was fun and well worth the effort which is great for everyone.

Take care ... Lori B.