Sunday, July 5, 2009

I think I will be back in Edmonton by the end of the month. Thank goodness.

I am out of laundry soap and my clothes will become stinky soon. I am a week away from being out of deodorant, shampoo and body wash. Maybe they will just kick me out when that time comes? :)
I don't want to buy new up here, but deodorant is kind of a must. LOL. The girls in Edmonton may be doing some shopping for me in the next couple weeks.

I spent part of my morning working and then went for a lovely drive in the early afternoon. I dropped someone off at the airport and asked the other person with me if they minded a detour. They didn't. If I ever get to Edmonton or sometime in Cam Bay I'll post the pics...just think...almost three months worth of pics to view! Then we spent the rest of the afternoon and are still re-organizing the front desk here at the office. It looks so much better already and it isn't done yet. Such simple things as removing old and outdated posters, taking away clutter....now my office looks like a dump but at least the front area is tidy.

Oh, by the way. I am looking for heavy equipment mechanics, automotive mechanics and a helper for my office. The mechanics can come from the South but to be my office mate you need to be from Cam Bay. Any takers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Edmonton sounds pretty good right about now I'm sure, your own space again with your own belongings, kitchen to cook in, etc. Clean laundry is a tad important, especially from the perspective of those close by!

So do you actually have an office that is your own in Cambridge Bay for when you travel there? If so, I take it you will be back and forth throughout the year.

Looking forward to all those pictures you have stored up - I bet it will be quite show for us to see!

I think I will pass on the job offers - I don't enjoy the heat and humidity here (rain currently); however, I don't think I could handle the north very well.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

It is hard to believe that such basic essentials such as soap shampoo, deodrant cost so much up North. I think you better ask someone in Edmonton to do some shopping and courier the goods up to you.

What a difference to tidy up that work station. I'm sure it looked totally different when you were finished. Sometimes we live with how it looks and don't even notice it anymore. It takes fresh eyes to point out how bad it is and the improvement to clean it up. You are so great to offer and pitch in for the minor tasks as well as the big tasks. Everyone has to love a supervisor like that!

I'm looking forward to retirement in a couple of years so I don't think I'm interested in moving North. It is July 6 and I had the heater on in the office for a while this morning. Does that sound like some one who could live in winter 10 months of the year?? Not!

Edith