Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day, eh?

I'm at work...so the festivities are beyond my reach today. Actually, I don't even know if there is anything going on in town today. I am only guessing I am missing out. I know there are celebrations planned for Nunavut Day, but didn't hear about activities for today. Oh well.

I arrived back in Cambridge Bay yesterday afternoon and was in the office within a half hour of landing. Yes, no rest for the wicked. I did get to sleep in this morning which was wonderful and I am looking forward to sleeping in again on the weekend. Ah, weekend.

I am not able to get any internet connection at the house with my personal laptop and may end up dragging home the work one for the weekend just to update the blog and my facebook status.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day. Mine is going ok, other than the fact I'm at the office. Sigh.
Guess I shouldn't complain as I just got back from a wonderful trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hope you were able to connect with your friends in Yellowknife! Must be a great feeling to have the build behind you now.

Canada Day in PEI was a little damp, not much sun; however, wasn't too cold to enjoy some of the festivities downtown. Saw the outdoor play at Confed Centre, always draws a great crowd. Ran out of time downtown as we had dinner plans, but was nice to wander for a while.

I hope you won't be working crazy hours in Cambridge Bay the whole time you are there!

Edith off today and tomorrow, so you will likely hear from her next week.

Catch you later ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I'm back in the "saddle" again today. It was a nice 5 day break with July 1, 2, 3, and then the weekend. Busy as heck though trying to paint an outdoor deck, wash curtains and empty the deep freezer!!

You are as busy as ever and I was disappointed that we were all off on July 1 and you were in the office. You have been slaving away for ever it seems. I hope you get some well deserved down time when this travel trip is over.

Edith