Monday, May 23, 2011

The girls and I never seem to be on the same schedule. They wanted me to get up at 6am, since I don't need to get up for work I wanted to sleep in a bit. At 7:30ish I got out of bed. It's 8:30am and they've been napping for the past 1/2 hour or so. They are soooo cute.

Here's a couple pics of them from the past few days helping with the packing...

Suffering from fur mom guilt for not bringing the cats back anything from my overseas travels (like they would care) I decided to buy the cats a few new toys. I bought tiny balls with bells in them--bad idea. They love them and want to play with them at night. I would prefer to sleep and not listen to the tinkling of the bells at 11pm.


Knowing Tundra's love of the red feather boa purchased at Christmas I decided it was time for a new boa...this one with very colourful feathers. She likes it and it goes so well with her fur.

Not be be left behind the cats decide to pack themselves the other afternoon as I started to do some sorting of items in the living room.

The mid-way mess. Preferring  to work in the living room where there is more space--though that statement is debatable at this point in the project--I have many piles of my stuff--I swear it is somewhat organized.

Tundra gets tired and needs to take frequent naps.
The living room looks worse today then it did a couple of days ago but the piles are growing which means I have more stuff sorted. I am proud of myself as I am getting more items in the to toss or give away pile. Proving that no matter how many times I move I still have more stuff than I need/use. And I am still packing away a few items that I want to keep--for sometime in the future.

I am taking 'stuff' with me but in limited quantities. Books--yes, one box. Dishes--yes, enough to serve 4 people a proper meal. (My dining area consists of 2 bar stools against a counter top, plus I could seat two people on the love seat and that would be the end of my seating...so 4 seems about right). Art work--10 pieces. I have them almost all selected already and believe me choosing only 10 is proving to be VERY difficult. I'm up to 8 already so the last two will prove very difficult.

Now...I guess I better go do some packing!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Jennifer:

Thanks for showing us the kitten and packing pics. Seems as if they are both having loads of fun. Love the one with each of them in their own crate! You'll be done in no time with the packing I am sure.



Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Good for you - you are sorting and packing and moving right along. The babies are so cute. How are you going to get by without them for the trip??? Have you found a kennel yet? You and red will be heading West before you know it.

Edith

P.S. I know the problem with cats and an early rise. Mine is on lobster fishing schedule as the vehicles come up the road to head to the boat harbour he decides to get up for the day!!