Friday, May 27, 2011

The giant kennel is sitting in the living room waiting for 5pm. That is when I will attempt to lock the two of them inside it and ship them off to Mermaid for a couple weeks. I set the kennel up the day I bought it so they would get used to it and maybe occasionally sleep in it...this has worked a bit. I put the door on it earlier today and their 'bed' and since then they haven't gone near it. The cats know...they always know.

Met with my landlord yesterday regarding the sublet I have lined up for my place...she was more than a little bit *itchy about it. The line she was giving me was along the lines of we don't normally allow sublets. I merely pointed out that as per my lease (and the laws of PEI) I can sublet it. She isn't available now until Tuesday to meet with the prospective tenants--right....whatever. I'm trying to help out a young couple who are just starting out themselves and yes, in turn it helps me. Win win I would think. Anyway...

Awaiting patiently, or as patiently as I can get for my relocation cheque to arrive. It is a biggie. And I desperately need it soon. I am starting to run low on funds as I am in that wonderful spot of having put out a damage deposit on an apartment and am still waiting for the damage deposit for this one to come back...plus I need to pay the kennel fees up front, the movers must be paid in cash on Monday, the cleaning lady in cash on Tuesday, rent on Wednesday, etc, etc. The shopping trip in Moncton the other week also left a small dent in my bank account. It's all good. The money was scheduled to arrive today but due to a glitch it didn't leave until yesterday via courier so we are now expecting it to arrive on Monday. I hope it arrives in the morning when I am still here with the movers otherwise I likely won't see it until Tuesday and I suspect my bank is going to put a hold of some sort on it and I could really use that cash before I leave on Friday.

The packing is almost finished. It's odds and sods at this point and there is a lot of empty boxes sitting in the living room. I haven't used the drawers in the dressers yet so there is still lots of space for 'stuff' and I suspect I can still cram more things into the front of the truck should I really want to....once I get it cleaned. Must remember to add that to the list of things to do.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Jennifer:

It's going to be OK. I hope by now the sweethearts temporarily have departed OK. You will be reunited with them soon, it will pass quickly- i.e.- driving across country. What a landlord?! That will work out as well. So sorry about the glitch in the moving check. I hope the bank doesn't try & put any type of hold on it! Keep your spirits up high, just a few nights without the babies, and then it's off to much better times, and before you know it, you will have arrived, and it you will be reunited with the kids. You have done better than me today, I spent a day off having the upstairs a/c repaired after an extremely humid day..so much for a vacation day, LOL. Chin UP!, my Dear!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You go girl! Sounds like megga progress has been made to date and if you keep busy you won't be so sad about the girls.

Edith