Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The movers have come and gone. The cleaning lady was in and left everything sparkly. The minor break down I suffered yesterday morning as I realized that I might not get it all done before 5pm is over. But...I did. Thanks to my mom for helping out in the morning.

And thanks to a coffee/chat from a friend in the afternoon and a quick visit with the cats. :) Yep, went to visit them. They have adjusted nicely to life at the kennel...maybe too  nicely. LOL. The lovely Sarah says she scoops the litter twice a day, at home they are lucky to get it done every third day. She gives them fresh water 3x a day where I fill up their jug a couple times a week. They don't suffer under my care, but they are being a little bit spoiled at the kennel...with the treat, etc. Guess I shouldn't begrudge them their stay at the kitty hotel where they are....they will be experiencing the trauma of the plane in 11 days...that should be enough to make them happy to see me again.

As generally happens when packing and getting ready for a big move I didn't get to see everyone. But in Oprah's words to all my friends on PEI (and family who I could as friends) "I won't say goodbye. I'll just say, until we meet again." Cause you know I'll be back again.


I start the cross Canada adventure on Friday morning. I'll see you on the road!

3 comments:

Jack said...

Jennifer:

Glad everything is falling into place. Hope you got your check in the mail as well. Wonderful to hear the cats are OK. Have a safe trip & please let us know how you are progressing across the country.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I'll be in Alberta before you and gone before you arrive. I fly out tomorrow morning to Calgary for my nephew's wedding and fly back to PEI on Monday. I will be thinking of you and Red as you as you travel more slowly than I and enjoy the scenery more than I.

I'm glad, for you, that the packing is done and the movers have been. Mom's are the best, arent't they! I'm really glad to hear the girls are doing well. They are having their own mini vacation.

This will be my last post to you before you start driving on Friday. Good luck, drive safe, take care of yourself and build the energy and excitement for the next phase in your life.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hard to believe it is time to hit the road again, it really doesn't seem like 5-6 years since you were heading north, and look how many places you have been since then!!

Good to hear the packing and everything went well. Lucky that mom was able to come and help, mom's are known for that, they keep us from getting too overwhelmed (I hope my kids feel that way!!). It's great that you got to visit the babies to see how well they are being treated at the "kitty hotel", it really sounds like Sarah is a wonderful person to have keeping them. Will she give them some pet gravol to make them sleepy for their big adventure on the plane?

Big Red will hopefully get you west in fine style, some music (or books) to listen to on the open highway! Hopefully you will have great roads to travel on, good weather, some visits on the way with good friends, etc. etc.

Take care, drive safe and enjoy the road. We hope to hear some good stories on the road, you usually have some great adventures in your travels!!

Hugs to you ... Lori B.